You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. Overview of the opportunity:
As a bookkeeper, you will have the chance to support the growth of our Audit Enterprise practice on Montreal's South Shore and to assist our clients with the full accounting cycle of their companies and structures. Your strong organizational skills will allow you to effectively manage a portfolio of clients under the supervision of senior staff members and to ensure that KPMG clients receive top-quality service. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Record daily business transactions such as cash receipts and cash disbursements.
- Monitor accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Manage bank account reconciliation.
- Prepare QST/GST reports.
- Prepare T1s, T4s/RL1s, ROEs and T5s and other relevant slips.
- Prepare the monthly and annual financial statements using our system.
- Keep capital asset depreciation and amortization plans up to date.
- Collect, analyze and summarize account information to produce financial reports.
- Ensure that clients receive high quality service and act as key contact for any bookkeeping-related question
- At times, travel to a client's location in order to complete specific tasks.
Keys to your success:
- Post-secondary degree in accounting or related field.
- At least five years of experience working in a similar role, preferably in an accounting firm or in industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English.
- Demonstrated expertise in monthly accounting and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Understanding of financial statements.
- Proficient skills in QuickBooks and Office Suite.
- Knowledge of debit/credit concepts for record keeping
- Ability to work with Taxprep and/or Caseware is an asset
- Ability to prepare reviews and notices to reader working paper files, including unaudited financial statements, is an asset.
- Ability and interest in working in a growing business environment.
- Professionalism, autonomy and proactivity in the execution of tasks.
- Positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
- Ability to manage multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
#LI-EJ1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com