PURPOSE OF JOB
This Technical Customer Support position is a frontline Call Centre/Chat role that will assist in facilitating solutions of all services and troubleshooting technology, computer hardware, peripheral and software related issues to both external customers as well as store associates. For technical calls, this role requires applying a systematic review, accurate diagnosis and problem solving of hardware and software related issues. Recommends tech service paths to customers based on information to provide the customer with the most convenient service. The Services Advisor Representative will utilize information on file or through previous experience to respond to technical inquiries from Customers. They will make recommendations and facilitate accepted solutions through correct service paths to customers to resolve their services request and/or repair their device including Remote, in store or on-site IT Solutions. They will be responsible for selling and sharing the value of services including services subscriptions. The objective of this position is to provide the highest level of customer service and enhance the product ownership experience through the resolution of service and technical related issues. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receives inbound calls/chats from customers for information on services, tech services and/or advanced troubleshooting of technical products using defined problem-solving methodology PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Actively engage in service solutions sales. Facilitate appropriate solutions to ensure customer loyalty. Check for existing cases and construct individual case reference files and updates case management data base / logs, documents new case or updates case information
• For remote IT pathway can explain benefits of offers to customers
• Charge customers remotely (via link) for services
• Checks for subscription validation in customer files in ETS
• Assists customers in connecting to remote platform
• Assists in managing remote que and handing off tickets to available technicians
• Schedule customers in booking tool for tech repair services
• Document product concerns; track and forward to Team Manager
• Filter problem using listening and probing skills to determine root cause.
• Provide information, data and direction to the path options as required.
• Research for relevant product / repair information.
• Perform follow ups on existing cases and close cases as appropriate.
• Diagnoses end user problems using systematic listening and probing approach
• Consults internal tools, computerized data base, manuals, circulars or internal resources for information on resolution procedures
• Provides information and direction as required for simple problem resolution
• Initiates dispatch procedure for hardware pickup / shipment as appropriate for limited product line
• Review updates regularly to remain current with product offerings
• Is required to remain current on new developments and changes through ongoing circular, e-mail, manual review; attends training updates as required by industry certifications or company requirement
• Ability to cover business needs to support program (confirm hours; eventually 24/7) RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills. Experience:
• Professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to work independently and within a Team environment from home and office with minimal supervision.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment.
• Extraordinary customer service orientation
• Must be adaptable to change
• Proven incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely resolution
• Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with other business partners to maintain exceptional high service levels in a demanding environment
• Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
• Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups
• Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner
• Ability to take initiative with strong learning skills and easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities
• Computer literate with Windows, MAC, iOS, Android based Operating Systems experience.
• Technical understanding of Internet, search engine, and networking required.
• Familiar with AS400 environment
• Proficient using MS Office, excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Strong working knowledge of computer hardware and software issues
• Bi-Lingual English/French.
• Familiarity with remote diagnostic software and ability to use it effectively for the purposes of fulfilling job requirements.
• 1 year of help desk or 1 year technical troubleshooting plus a minimum of 2 years customer service experience preferred. Education:
• Post secondary education in a related field preferred
• A certification preferred
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537