129 rue St-Jacques O
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
Temporary 12-month position (possibility for secondment)
Delivers an exceptional customer experience for a defined portfolio of high risk borrowing accounts by supporting the management and administration of the accounts. Collaborates in the execution of payments, transactions, service requests, administrative activities and processes and fulfillment of business, stakeholder and/or external customer inquiries/requests within relevant service level agreements. Provides day-to-day delivery of critical collections operations processes including collecting payments and servicing activities. Collaborates with stakeholders to promote efficient and effective processes and work flow, establish positive working relationships across the organization and to achieve business results and deliver the intended customer and employee experience.
We're here to help
- Answers telephone and assists customers with routine inquires, including calls related to: collecting payments, statements, and all other collections details.
- Notifies customers of transactions; prepares written correspondence and notices.
- Communicates with external customers regarding collections queries and collections procedures.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Processes more complex transactions and service requests.
- Collects information needed to process transactions or service requests.
- May function as a problem-solving resource for more junior staff.
- Resolves standard and relatively straightforward issues, referring non-routine issues to more senior team members and/or manager.
- Develops an understanding of business products and services and the operations processes that support them.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training focused on delivering business results.
- Executes routine tasks such as service requests, payments, queries etc. within relevant service level agreements and in accordance with established policies, processes and procedures.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies in accordance with standard procedures. Escalates issues, where necessary, as per guidelines.
- Prepares, renews, or monitors administrative tasks such as distributing/collecting/filing/etc. documentation and information.
- Responds to inquiries, instructions or transactions from internal business partners and/or external customers, or other stakeholders (e.g., other operations teams) according to guidelines.
- Enters, reviews, and/or verifies collections information and documentation for processing and/or further handling.
- Manages documentation to ensure that records are maintained in a proper manner.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborates in identifying, recommending and implementing workflow improvements to deliver a more efficient operation.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 - 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of collections processes and systems - Good.
- PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - Good.
- Time management skills - Good.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
- Bilingual (English and French)
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Customer Service and Support