Requisition ID: 111379
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Commercial Banking processing and credit support service team in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provides an excellent customer experience by taking responsibility for and ensuring ongoing service, including updates to the loans, accounts, products and services of existing clients, and thereby adhering to established Operating Performance Commitments (OPCs).
- Responsible for monitoring of accounts and loans to ensure balance and payments are up to date.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of relevant products, processes and policies, including completing internal training, and reviewing appropriate news items and publications.
- Participates as an active partner, and initiates changes by working with stakeholders and business lines to resolve issues, remove roadblocks, reduce costs and improve services.
- Responds promptly and effectively to service inquiries, concerns and complaints from Banking partners, with the ability to:
- Resolve day-to-day servicing issues and reduce business and client impact with managerial direction as required.
- Analyze situations and present sound recommendations and decisions to overcome any obstacles, and escalating if required.
- Facilitate decision making processes by providing timely, meaningful and easily available data.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Scotiabank Code of Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Education or a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in Financial Services or related industry.
- Proven customer service skills, as well as flexibility to adapt to changing environments.
- Knowledge of business credit as it applies to the Commercial Bank's policies & procedures, products & services, and security & collateral documentation.
- Implementation experience in the setup and execution of accounts, products & services, and loan/funding.
- Strong Communication (written & verbal) in French and English
- Organizational Skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Curriculum, Trainee, Bank, Banking, Education, Entry Level, Bilingual, Finance