Requisition ID: 159814
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
As a member of the National Franchising Team, the Relationship Manager is a product specialist who focuses on the cross-sell, up-sell and retention of existing Franchisor Customers and on identifying, qualifying and converting new Franchisor prospects. He/She manages National based Franchisor Portfolios ensuring effective relationship management and is responsible for contributing to the overall success of the Franchise Office. This includes meeting financial objectives related to the profitable growth and retention of the Franchisor Program portfolio.
The incumbent is responsible for maintaining internal and external relationships, prospect pipeline and conducting sales calls as well as grow existing relationships by providing customized and creative financial solutions. Incumbent also has primary responsibility for sales, planning, analysis and completion of Franchisor Program credit applications with a high level of due diligence. Incumbent keeps up-to-date on trends and developments in the Franchise marketplace. Incumbent also assists the Small Business and Commercial sales force in closing all individual franchisee opportunities including nation-wide calls with customers, prospects and the appropriate adjudicating authority. Is This Role Right for You? In this role, you will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Developing strategic sales plans for Franchisor prospects and existing customers and maintaining an ongoing sales pipeline.
- Analyzing all financial information required to support a Franchisor Program application and customizing the structure of the Program to mitigate the inherent risk.
- Identifying prospects and managing referrals from both internal and external networks and maintaining effective follow-up on all outstanding offers in order to convert opportunities into closed deals.
- Negotiate, prepare and submit franchise program/credit applications, obtain authorization, review for accuracy and present offers to the Franchisor.
- Using a strong knowledge of the Bank's diverse products and services to ensure the banking needs of each relationship are well understood and documented.
- Leads the direct selling of credit and non-credit products and partners with all internal product specialist groups as required ensuring customer needs are met.
What we're offering:
- University/college courses in accounting, finance, business law, and economics, or equivalent work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to this position. The incumbent must be able to effectively articulate views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
- Strong networking and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of computer skills are necessary (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and all retail and commercial systems and platforms.
- Ability to conduct due diligence on strength of customer financials.
- Experienced credit skills.
- Experienced in Commercial and Small Business Sales.
- Creative thinking to identify required product features and markets then plan product changes and develop related materials.
- Strong writing skills are required for the development of business cases and credit presentations.
- Bilingualism in French and English is required
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- Internal training to support your career growth and enhance your skills
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities - for you and our customers
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Relationship Manager, Bank, Banking, Direct Sales, Customer Service, Finance, Bilingual, Sales
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive