The RST (Remote Support Technician) is responsible for completing tech service requests across all remote channels including warranty, subscription and retail. The RST is a work from home position. Primary duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Knowledge and skill requirements
• Managing customer and retail associate interaction via telephone and chat
• Connecting remotely to customer and retail devices to provide service.
• Setting the best expectations including service times and pricing
• Remotely troubleshoot computer hardware, peripheral and software related issues
• Process payment and/or confirm/sell membership/subscription
• Create work orders/tickets as needed
• Direct requests to the correct support team as needed
• Identify and recommend additional solutions to all customers
• Establish and maintain service excellence by assigning the highest priority to customer satisfaction and demonstrating quality in every aspect of work.
• Up-hold the highest of professional standards when performing work
• Ensure high quality execution of technology services to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize rework.
• Ensure work performed is well documented and tickets have proper updates.
• Flexibility to work various shifts including nights and weekends.
• Flexibility to switch from one queue to another as volume flow dictates
• Understand and adhere to all privacy and information management policies and procedures.
• Effectively resolve all customer concerns and escalate to management when necessary.
• Check all sources of communication for information (email, Microsoft Teams, OneNote etc.).
• Attend meetings using webcam on a regular basis
• Communicate with Customers (Internal / External) regularly to discuss service events, provide updates and support.
• Communicate with management and stores regarding jobs that require follow-up or ones that hold special circumstances .
• Always represent Staples and its employees in a positive and professional manner
• Collaborate with Staples Associates across various business units as necessary to ensure timely high-quality results.
• Identify and communicate suggestions for process improvements to stores and management.
• Work autonomously while adhering to standardized procedures.
Physical demands and working conditions
• A passion for technology and assisting others troubleshoot and resolve issues, or enhance their experience with their technology
• Technical knowledge of computers & operating systems (Windows, MacOS X).
• Technical understanding of Internet, search engine, and networking required.
• Verifiable and demonstrated skill in performing services/upgrades to all types of computers.
• Incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely resolution.
• Capacity to communicate with customers effectively using a variety of mediums.
• Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
• Ability to make decisions with integrity that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently and effectively to handle their daily responsibilities and serve our customers.
• Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
• Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
• Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
• High proficiency in English language skills (written & oral).
• High Bilingual (French/English) proficiency (written & oral) preferred in positions requiring French language support.
Recommended Qualifications Experience
• Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur.
• Minimum internet speed of 50Mbps down and 10Mbps up is required.
• May be required to work alternate shifts or flex start and end times to ensure coverage
• Travel may be required for meetings.
• 1 or more years' experience with PC maintenance/repairs
• Experience servicing customers' devices in a face to face environment is an asset
• 2+ years serving customers in customer-service and/or retail capacity.
• Successful completion of high school or greater.
• A+ Certification is an asset.