Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a BilingualProposal Specialist
to support pursuit and proposal activities and the development and implementation of pursuit plans and strategy in our Eastern Canada offices (Ottawa, ON, Montreal, QC, Fredericton, NB, Halifax, NS or St. John's, NL)
. Responsibilities: Key Areas:
Coordinating activities include:
- Assist in the completion of persuasive proposals, marketing collateral and presentations
- Understanding of technical terminology, project management structure, and discipline functions by Sectors
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously, coordinate groups of content providers and deal with changing priorities
- Review RFPs and participate/lead strategic win plan discussions with Project Managers and Technical Leaders
- Coordinate and participate in proposal kick-off meetings
- Develop and implement the proposal template and schedule
- Develop various sections of the Strategic Win Plan (RFP requirements and schedule)
- Facilitating colour review meetings, and driving content completion
- Coordinate proposal formatting, writing, editing, and proof reading efforts
- Effective use of graphic and organizational software to create key graphics (e.g. Visio and/or PowerPoint)
- Monitor client websites for RFPs, RFQs, LOIs, etc.
- Assist the Proposal Team with BD-related tasks to support the prepositioning phase with the Technical Leads
To contribute to the GHD business goal by:
- Adherence to GHD's values, codes of conduct, and policies
- Develop a strong internal network, and contribute to the identification of the best resources for the project team
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Graphic Teams and provide graphics support in preparation of bid packages, statements of qualifications (SOQs), and requests for proposal/information/qualifications (RFQ/RFI/RFQ)
- Understand client requirements to facilitate effective proposal development
- Coordinate effective kick-off meetings, group status calls, ensuring activities adhere to the Proposal Development Plan.
- Demonstrate superior partnership abilities and a willingness to jump in and help others when needed.
- Produce the successful development of compliant and competitive proposals through effective collaboration across stakeholders (internal team, sub-consultants, etc.).
- Ensure quality content and appearance of final proposal deliverables.
- Accurate application of GHD Visual and Writing Style Guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Business, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- Must be fluent in English & French
- Minimum of 3 years of experience coordinating and writing technical proposals for an engineering, construction or professional services firm
- Self-starter and finisher, detail orientated, flexible, great teammate, and willing and able to do a wide variety of tasks with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills both written & oral
- Problem solving, planning and time management skills
- Flexible and able to meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills required with ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Even tempered in fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Consistent personal ethics: integrity, dependability, initiative, and quality
- Strong technical writing, data analysis, and interpretation skills
- Proficient using: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Knowledge in Photoshop and InDesign
- Understanding of marketing techniques (layout, graphics, strategy-to-win)
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.