Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Ottawa; Quebec City
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.Are you a highly motivated individual with a keen eye for recognizing unmet needs and desire to improve the status quo? Do you aspire to build a culture of innovation and use design thinking to transform businesses? Do you love coaching and mentoring others? Then we're looking for talent like you to join our National Sales Office (NSO).What will your typical day look like?
As a Portfolio Manager your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Contribute to the growth of the Mid-Market Strategy of our Canadian Firm of professional services..
• Influence key internal stakeholders (regional business leaders, account group leaders, lead client partners, and team members) to align on mid-market initiatives and growth objectives;
• Advise and work closely with account group leaders and teams on the development and implementation of portfolio plans with short-term objectives and long-term goals (revenue growth, presentation of new service offerings, etc.) along with clearly defined steps to reach them;
• Work closely with leadership on a portfolio of accounts to enable mid-market strategy deployment.
• Apply knowledge of industry challenges, firm strategies to enable successful execution of the Firm's regional go-to-market strategies.
• Leverage support from Industry/Business Subject Matter Experts to position and execute relevant service offerings within account portfolio, according to Deloitte's external client challenges and needs.
• Monitor and understand pipeline, pursuits and projects in-flight to forecast and position accounts in the portfolio for overall revenue and market share growth in the region.
• Ensure that strategic opportunities are identified and shared with key stakeholders to align sales support
• Participate in national communities of practices leveraging best practices with other Portfolio Managers and Deloitte practitioners.About the team
The National Sales Office (NSO) is of a group of specialized professionals dedicated to maximizing Deloitte's return on sales investments, and to driving the firm's most strategic opportunities. The NSO leads the firm on sales governance, sales support, and sales innovation and works with public and private sector teams from all the Deloitte businesses across Canada. NSO's tools, techniques and methods have been recognized as leading best practices by Deloitte globally.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who:
• Has a bachelor's degree or diploma in business or marketing with a minimum 3 years of inside sales, marketing, and communications experience, preferably in a professional services or business-to-business environment.
• Is ambitious, enthusiastic with an ability to prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced detail-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
• Has strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
• Is a self-starter and independent person. You demonstrate a willingness to embrace change and challenge the status quo, adapt to rapidly changing technology, and create efficient workflow processes to meet changing business requirements.
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written). You possess the ability to develop relationships with diverse teams (including Partners and Staff) to facilitate proactive articulation and resolution of issues in a concise and clear manner.
• Has advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
• Knowledge of Client Relationship Management database (Siebel or other)
• Is bilingual in French and English (oral and written) Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production