64827 Cost Centre:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank. Job Purpose:
The Lending Services Officer is responsible for the preparation, execution, registration, maintenance, and storage of collateral documents and other related documentation for business banking clients. He/she is responsible for daily monitoring of accounts, compliance, loan funding and ensuring established requirements are met to mitigate risk for the Bank. The incumbent is responsible for assessing the quality and accuracy of client and Bank generated documentation related to all aspects of the Bank's commercial banking lending portfolio. He/She is expected to exercise sound judgement in ensuring documentation including the funding instructions are compliant with credit authorizations, prior to authorizing and funding. Key Accountabilities:
1. Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
2. Provide an excellent customer experience:
- Taking responsibility for inquiries, concerns, or complaints and resolving matters promptly and accurately
- Demonstrating professionalism and commitment to achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Acquiring and maintaining a thorough knowledge of the Bank's security and collateral documentation requirements
- Maintaining a good understanding of systems utilized by Lending Services
- Keeping knowledge current by reviewing manual and procedural changes and by actively participating in coaching and continuous improvement programs
- Actively participating in E2E daily huddles and through these huddles help to resolve issues and raise concerns where partner co-operation is required to ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Adhering to established SLAs and where not possible develop plan for communication to partners and clients and advise/consult with supervisor as appropriate
- Communicating with clients and partners in a timely, concise and professional manner at all times
3. Administer the Business Service Centre loan portfolio according to established processes and procedures by:
- Preparing documentation in accordance with credit authorizations and Bank policies
- Executing a detailed document review program ensuring all assigned documents are accurate, complete, properly executed, and registered as required
- Obtaining appropriate adjudicating authorization to fund loans with exceptions prior to funding
- Liaising with the necessary internal and external groups to ensure required information and documentation are obtained
- Following up on Overdrafts daily as well as preparing and requesting authorization for
- Temporary Overruns (TORS) from GRM subject to risk rating and dollar amount
- Completing loan account set up
- Processing funding/loan advances in accordance with the credit authorization and appropriate approvals
4. Ensure the Bank's risk profile is mitigated through sound and timely monitoring, conforming to Bank policies and procedures by:
- Maintaining and following up defective security documents in a document management tracking system and escalating issues as required
- Escalating exception items and matters requiring attention to the Assistant Manager/Manager Lending Services for resolution
- Ensuring strict adherence to Bank security and control procedures for customer information, data, access to systems and documents by:
- Adhering to regulatory activities and guidelines including Privacy, Anti Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Know Your Customer policies
- Following department guidelines for the storage, access and delivery of client/Bank documents
- Ensuring authentication of clients prior to the release of information
- Identifying and escalating unusual occurrences, fraudulent activities, issues/deficiencies/trends to supervisor
5. Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
6. Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
7. Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team. Functional Competencies:
- Fluent French & English, written & spoken
- Knowledge of electronic products and documentation of account openings will be an asset.
- Knowledge of Commercial/Business credit as it applies to: collateral and security documentation, and commercial banking policies and procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills, team oriented, and strong customer service skills.
- Computer literacy essential (Microsoft Office).
- Post-secondary education is a requirement.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in Financial Services or related industry.
Working hours 8:30- 5:00 PM For Upcoming opportunities
Location(s): Montreal (Anjou)
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Finance, Bilingual, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance