You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
KPMG's Management Consulting practice helps organizations leverage change. The Data and Information Governance team helps organizations leverage their data and information for competitive benefits and advantages by developing or optimizing their data governance and management practices, helping them implement data quality management programs and processes or helping them transform their organization to fully capitalize on the benefits of new technologies.
The Data and Information Governance team is part of the CIO and CDO consulting team, which works with various organizations, both private and public. Our multidisciplinary and multilingual team includes, in particular, IT, process mapping and optimization specialists, project and data managers, attorneys and archivists. What you will do
The Data and Information Governance team is looking to fill a Manager position for its Quebec team. We are a dynamic and innovative team and equally passionate about what we do and the quality of services we provide to our clients.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Data and Information Governance, the successful candidate will take part in the various Data and Information Governance engagements. These may include data management, information governance, information process and flow mapping and optimization, data classification, development and implementation of quality or master data management programs, and/or multidisciplinary team participation in digital transformation projects.
The successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities, including:
What you bring to the role
- Taking part in client meetings and supporting the team in developing presentation materials in relation to project kick-off meetings, requirements gathering, project management, presentation of results, etc.
- Taking part in current situation assessments and maturity analysis based on best practices, industry trends and KPMG's various data and information governance and management maturity frameworks.
- Taking part in developing and implementing roadmaps, data management strategies, process and data flow mapping, data quality management programs, governance frameworks, business cases, cost/benefit analyses and deliverables related to the implementation of recommendations, such as policy writing, data classification or profiling.
- Supporting and guiding clients in implementing recommendations.
- Assisting business and practice development efforts by supporting the team in preparing proposals, marketing material, internal and external presentations, seminar materials, articles, etc.
- Working on multiple client engagements of varying scope and complexity at the same time.
- Delivering high-quality work on time that meets the Firm's quality standards and client expectations.
- Working with cross-functional teams with people of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
- Applying best practice and process maturity knowledge observed in client engagements and personal research.
Keys to your success:
- University degree in computer science, business intelligence, information architecture, information science, business administration or another related field.
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience in data management.
- Experience classifying, defining or profiling data.
- Strong understanding of data and business processes.
- Knowledge of governance and data management standards, such as DAMA-DMBOK, CMMI and DCAM.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint platform, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Professional experience in the financial or insurance industry, an asset.
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and processing mapping experience, including information management process narratives, workflows, information flows, controls and business case development, an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with various governance or data management tools (Collibra, Informatica, IGC, etc.), an asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Superior verbal and written interpersonal communication skills in English and French.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Well organized with good prioritization/workload management abilities.
- Professional discipline and importance of outstanding work.
- Commitment to self-learning and continuous skill and professional knowledge development.
- Professional curiosity.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance