Requisition ID: 57490
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Who are We?
iTRADE is a top Canadian bank-owned brokerage committed to helping investors achieve their goals by providing low commissions, a choice of trading platforms, exceptional service, and a unique client education format. What's Your Goal?
You will provide prompt, accurate, and professional service to Scotia iTRADE clients through our inbound Call Centre, with an emphasis on executing trade orders on behalf of customers and utilizing your prior investment and trading knowledge. Scotia iTRADE's advanced training and employee development programs will arm you to ensure iTRADE's high standards of quality and customer satisfaction are met, encouraging you to improve upon your skills and ensuring you will thrive as an iTRADE employee. How Will You Achieve This?
What Do You Need To Succeed?
- Utilizing advanced knowledge on facilitating and executing trades in order to provide clients with accurate and timely information
- Resolving client escalations and complaints in a prompt and effective manner, utilizing problem solving and discretion skills
- Using attention to detail to minimize risk to the firm through understanding of authorization limits, ability to assess Margin Requirements, and adherence to all compliance and guidelines
- Utilizing key mind for sales to recognize and initiate opportunities for cross-selling and referrals
- Facilitating a culture of communication, participation, and collaboration by being an actively positive member of your team
What's in it For You?
- Bilingual fluency in English & Mandarin, or English & Cantonese
- College Diploma or University Degree
- Completion of CSC and CPH courses
- IIROC licence as an IRO
- 2-4 years industry experience
- One year of sales experiences, including the ability to identify cross-sell and referral opportunities
- Previous discount brokerage experience
- Broad knowledge of investment products and the procedures related to securities settlement
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to recognize risk to the firm
- Comfort working in an independent environment, including setting and achieving your own goals
- Motivation to utilize strong interpersonal and communication skills both with customers and other Scotia iTRADE employees
- Positive attitude and excitement regarding learning new tasks and skills in order to keep up with changing environments or duties
- Ability to utilize time-management and prioritization skills in order to ensure optimum telephone coverage
Where Can This Lead You?
- Ability to pursue opportunities to further your career within the iTRADE Contact Centre or in other Scotiabank departments
- Access to all personal growth and development materials provided by Scotiabank for you to use to further your career within the bank
- Opportunity to build working relationships and contacts with other Scotiabank employees both within iTRADE and in other departments
- Chance to be a part of, and contribute to, a culture of inclusion, diversity, and potential
You may choose to pursue careers within the contact centre as a High Net Worth Advisor, Sales Consultant, Client Solutions Consultant, or in Management. Outside of the contact centre Investment Representatives may seek opportunities in Scotia McLeod, Credit, Compliance, and other departments within Scotiabank. What Do You Need to Know?
Location: 1002 Rue Sherbrooke O, Montreal, QC
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Position Status: full-time permanent
Shifts After Training: Monday to Friday 8am- 6pm
- Physically stationary (primarily phone, meetings, computer-based)
- Open office environment with constant background noise
- High volume of calls from possibly demanding customers
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Outside Sales, Investment, Bilingual, Finance, Sales