You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
The Global Mobility Team is responsible for delivering the Global Opportunities (GO) program in Canada. The GO program is KPMG's international assignment program where we facilitate the movement of our people on short-term and long-term assignments to KPMG offices around the world. The team also supports all international and domestic relocations for the Canadian firm and assists with Canadian immigration and permanent residency matters.
The Bilingual Global Mobility Advisor is the subject matter expert and primary contact providing counseling and guidance to Business Unit Leaders and partners, assignees, transferees, new hires, HR and other stakeholders on all Global Mobility & Canadian immigration matters. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Responsible for the management of inbound & outbound case files and ensuring compliance requirements are met.
- Ensures the consistent interpretation and application of KPMG Mobility programs including GO Assignments (short-term, Long-term, tax trek), and KPMG Relocation and Immigration Policies
- Primary point of contact & trusted advisor for employees and partners who are relocating in and out of Canada.
- Manages and oversees the preparation of Global Mobility assignment cost sharing agreements and terms and conditions documents and ensures the applicable approvals are received.
- Arranges various services (internal and external) in accordance with eligibility under the specific mobility program as well as manage exceptions and expectations.
- Advises on complex immigration inquiries for all KPMG temporary foreign workers relocating to or within Canada and monitors eligibility for temporary foreign workers to legally be employed with KPMG Canada
- Interacts with stakeholders and global mobility counterparts at global member firms in regards to applicable policies and legislation.
- Reviews, audits and authorizes payment for all vendor invoices;
- Manages, audits and authorizes KPMG assignee/transferee reimbursements and allowances (i.e. per diem payments, housing allowances and international assignment payments);
- Oversees and determines taxability of all mobility benefits; track, report and gross-up in accordance with KPMG tax and CRA policies
- Participates on & supports team projects and initiatives.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Human Resources, Global Mobility, Immigration or Relocation
- Subject matter expert concerning corporate Global Mobility programs, Canadian immigration legislation, relocation policy and related benefits
- Bilingualism in French and English
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in situations involving rapid change, shifting priorities, and/or simultaneous demands
- Superior MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact confidently with all levels of management
- Strong analytic and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Handles confidential information professionally and discreetly
- Superior attention to detail.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
#LI-AL1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com