Requisition ID: 96753
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of the Job
As a leader of the client service team the incumbent is responsible for contributing to the overall success of the Private Banking branch, while sustaining overall Branch operational efficiency and effectiveness. This includes meeting individual and team customer services targets, as well as other objectives related to customer service, human resource management, coaching and employee development, compliance and operational effectiveness. As a Client Service Leader, the incumbent will provide direction to team members in a manner consistent with the overall Private Banking strategy f developing a client-focused culture.
1. Client Experience
Lead the delivery of excellent customer service and support the promotion of Bank services by:
- Ensuring that all employees and activities are aligned to be customer-focused
- Demonstrating and coaching to the Service Basics during and after customer interactions and providing transaction authorizations and review as required.
- Ensuring every customer experience is consistent with Scotiabank's service standards and customer concerns are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Monitoring work schedules for the team to ensure they meet customer service demands
- Monitoring recorded customer concerns and resolving escalated concerns and issues, escalating to the Manager Client Services or Team Lead as appropriate
- Ensuring the Branch presents a professional image according to Bank and Brand Care requirements
- Championing growth in customer adoption of digital banking activities and self-service channels
2. Coaching & Service Leadership
Inspire, lead and develop a diverse service team by:
- Executing service management activities:
- Planning and leading weekly one-on-one coaching sessions to recognize success, help overcome obstacles and set a weekly focus
- Planning and leading monthly Team Skills Development sessions to facilitate the sharing of best practices
- Developing a clear understanding of the branch's financial and non-financial goals
- Providing regular coaching, guidance, direction and support
- Recognizing and rewarding success and managing non-performance
- Developing and obtaining agreement on individualized development plans
- Resolving issues/negotiating compromises between team members
3. Administration, Compliance & Operational Excellence
Oversee the implementation of the Bank's policies, practices, special initiatives and procedures to minimize Bank's exposure to risk by:
- Accurate and timely completion of daily and periodic monitoring activities (e.g., Automated Control System (ACS) Activities, Worklist Management Exceptions) to support a culture of doing it right the first time, and confirm compliance with bank policies and effective risk management is in place
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Bank's Commercial, Small Business and Retail Banking products and services to meet the Client's ongoing needs.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of Scotia Wealth Managements offerings.
- Ensuring Branch cash, custody and security procedures and policies are in place and required checks are completed within mandated times.
- Ensuring Audit & Compliance requirements are effectively executed and adhered to, collaborating with the Manager, Compliance where appropriate
- Adhering to and ensuring team members' compliance with position authorities, limits and bank policies
- Assisting with courier bag and incoming mail review and disbursement, as assigned
- Adhering to and ensuring team members' compliance with Know Your Customer, CDIC, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing, Privacy and Occupational Health & Safety requirements, processes and guidelines
- Ensuring thorough knowledge of, and strict adherence to, the Bank's Global Sales Principles
- Acting as a main point of contact for Customer Contact Centre, SSG Operations, Retail Service Centre, Business Service Centre, as well as other internal support services groups
- Escalating fraudulent activities, unusual occurrences, issues/deficiencies/trends to the Manager Client Services/ Manager Compliance/ PB Head Office.
- Providing Human Resource Administrative support to your team.
- Embracing and championing change management initiatives by ensuring clear communication with all employees
- Recruiting and promoting team members, as applicable, in accordance with standard Bank policies
Complexity of Position/Education/Experience
- The incumbent requires a high degree of customer focus and a strong customer service orientation to set the standard for consistent delivery of excellent customer experience. The incumbent must set a positive example as a champion of change and encourage others to do the same.
- The incumbent requires a thorough knowledge of daily and periodic Private Banking Branch routines, procedures and policies, including cash, custody and security processes and procedures. To complement this knowledge, a thorough understanding of Private Banking Branch Controls and Private Banking Applications is required.
- A high degree of flexibility is required to adapt to changing priorities. Strong PC skills are essential as the incumbent uses a PC for a variety of sales, sales management and customer correspondence activities
- Regular, ongoing coaching is an integral part of the position. The incumbent must be able to effectively articulate their views and communicate with team members, as well as customers and prospective customers. Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and active listening skills are required.
In particular, the following functional competencies are the minimum expected requirements:
• Thorough knowledge of Scotiabank's service standards and service excellence activities;
• Thorough knowledge of transactional services and related policies and procedures;
• Thorough knowledge of cash, custody and security processes and procedures;
• Thorough knowledge of Branch operating routines and procedures;
• Thorough knowledge of branch systems (Sales Builder, Intralink, Salesforce, Worklist, FFT);
• Thorough knowledge of regulatory compliance related to Privacy, Anti-Money
• Laundering/Anti- Terrorist Financing, Know Your Customer requirements, FCAC, CDIC and Occupational Health & Safety
• Thorough knowledge of people and performance management techniques;
• Working knowledge of Canadian Code of Practice for Consumer Debit Card Services (Debit Card Code of Conduct);
• Working knowledge of HR policies and practices
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Risk Management, Administrative Assistant, Web Design, Finance, Administrative, Creative
Banking, Finance and Insurance