Permanent Reference code
: 117101 Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal, QCOur Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
--What will your typical day look like?
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
The Event Specialist is responsible for the end-to-end process of planning and execution of in-person, virtual, and hybrid conferences, meetings, and special events. Main responsibilities include:
• Plan, manage and execute high-impact events in various formats (in-person, virtual or hybrid), for both our clients and our people.
• Advise our internal stakeholders on event strategy in order to meet key business objectives, making suitable recommendations on industry best practices and trends
• Collaborate with internal teams such as Marketing, Communications, People & Culture and others, on the design and conception of events, alongside our external network of preferred suppliers.
• Manage all logistical aspects related to event planning, such as venue sourcing and selection; vendor contracting and management; online registration and reporting, F&B experience, audio visual, space set-ups, etc.
• Manage virtual event production elements including event platform set-up; broadcasting; speakers sourcing and contracting; rehearsals and dry-runs support; creation of run of show; day of show calling.
• Oversee conference and complex events' needs such as hotel blocks, rooming lists, air and ground transportation plan, arrival/departure experience.
• Manage all aspects of event budgets to include cost projection and avoidance, payments, and reconciliation, working alongside teams such as Finance, Procurement, Independence and Risk Management.About the team
Deloitte seeks a fully bilingual Event Specialist in Montreal with solid experience in corporate meetings and events. The successful candidate will work in a creative and innovative way to help deliver an exceptional event experience to our clients and our people. The Events Experience Team is responsible for the planning and execution of virtual, hybrid and in-person events across Canada, and we strive to always inspire, excite, and engage our audience.Enough about us, let's talk about you
• Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in an event planning position
• Bilingualism (French/English) is required
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in Event Management, Hospitality, Business, Communications, or another related program
• Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams)
• Prior experience with event platforms and applications; Cvent knowledge is an asset
• Ability to multi-task, managing priorities and concurrent events, meeting strict deadlines in a busy and ever-changing environment
• Excellent people and communication (verbal/written) skills, with a proactive attitude and committed to long-term growth
• Flexibility to work overtime, be on-site for event execution and travel as neededOur promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities. The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Event Marketing, QC, Marketing Communications, Communications, Developer, Marketing, Quality, Technology
Apply now "