Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture. Department Summary:
The Tangerine Cafés are a unique retail experience in banking across Canada and are a 3-dimensional interactive billboard of the Tangerine Brand. We help break down the barrier between Digital & Physical and help people to understand our concept of Forward Banking. The Cafés are aimed at generating interactions that share the values of our brand through educating, coaching and inspiring Canadians to save their money. The Cafés add value in the local community through volunteering, sponsorships and initiatives with local partners that align with Tangerine values. Role Purpose:
As the Community Relations Coordinator you are in charge of outreach and business development, a human pipeline cultivating relationships and networks within our various communities. You will also be a team player who supports the Café, its associates and the daily business to assure the highest level of customer service. You are a charismatic leader and an empathetic listener and you define your own success by the successes of those you have helped. You are a champion of entrepreneurs, small businesses and to individuals who are on their journey of saving. You will actively promote, develop and grow the brand through effective event planning and execution both locally and through national brand initiatives. The Community Relations Coordinator will report directly to the Manager of Retail Experience. Role Accountabilities:
- Manage Community Investment and National Strategy while working with the Café leadership team to assure effective and positive returns on all investment initiatives.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures for day-to-day management of community functions as well as tracking of established performance metrics.
- Making certain that community investment strategies and planned activities have clear value to both Tangerine and the associated organization.
- Providing support, training and coordination of staff for all events as well as in regular business within the café.
- Working with corporate Public Relations staff to handle Media related inquiries.
- Liaise and champion all National initiatives and campaigns.
- Representing the brand in all communication channels - phone, email, social media and digital.
- Managing the Community Investment Budget.
- Oversee booking of all Community events
- Manage the internal booking calendar as well as ensuring that content is shared among the other retail teams
- Prepare and distribute complete and accurate Community Investment event details, monthly reports.
- Support and assist Café staff in all daily activities and business practices.
- Develop and nurture contacts in Vancouver that can assist with continuing to grow and evolve our community focus to meet the mutual needs of the community and Tangerine.
- Utilize the Retail Experience team as well as other local associates to execute events and marketing initiatives.
- Be fully knowledgeable of Tangerine products and services and policy, procedures and practices.
- Effectively promote the consideration of Tangerine for banking needs and educate on our direct model and best ways utilize the bank.
- Work within a team to exceed monthly and annual performance goals.
- Use one-and-done approach to handling Client complaints while managing expectations to reflect the services provided by Tangerine.
- Maintain overall appearance and presentation of the Café and off-site event space to exceed Client expectations.
- Be the driving force in coordinating and producing events both on and off site.
- Approach work with an entrepreneurial spirit and contribute positively to the success of the Team.
- Demonstrate behaviors that support the business model, company philosophy and core competencies.
- Comply with the Business Conduct Policy and be mindful of our mission and values.
- Maintain the business plan by detailing activities, acting on objectives and strategies and coordinating the implementation through to completion of each project.
- Focus on events out in the Community to promote and grow Tangerine in the local and provincial marketplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Public Relations, Event Planning, Communications or a related field preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience in sales/customer service or a related field with
- Experience in Community Investment and flawless event execution
- Demonstrable experience in community relations, volunteer work or philanthropy
- Specialized Knowledge
- Strong conceptualization and implementation skills relating to new strategies for products or businesses
- Proven expertise in customer service
- Technical Skills
- Bilingualism in French/English is required
- Ability to independtly reach various locations to attend events accross the region is required
- IT skills and Tech savvy
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work independently and be self-managed
- Ability to have a positive approach to change and conflict resolution
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Proven ability to connect and work with a variety of community groups
- Goals and detail oriented
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Organized, proactive and entrepreneurial
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
The Community Relations Coordinator will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients. Direct Reports:
No. Disability Accomodation:
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor. Managing Risk:
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Social Services, Business Development, Bilingual, Finance, Sales, Service
Posted: February 19, 2019
Closes: April 20, 2019