Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Calgary; Edmonton; Halifax; Kitchener; Langley; London; Ottawa; Toronto; Vancouver; Victoria; Windsor; WinnipegOur Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge.
Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in French and in English with Deloitte's Office of the General Counsel (OGC)? Are you looking to support and learn from a passionate team of legal professionals? Then we're looking for talent like you to join the OGC! What will your typical day look like?
As a Bilingual Commercial Contracts Manager you will manage contract requests from the business, gather information, manage the contracting process, draft, review and amend contracts, and engage in contract negotiations on behalf of the Office of the General Counsel. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
About the team
- Manage incoming contract requests from various areas of the business in French and in English, including RFP's, RFI's, Master Service Agreements, engagement letters, renewals, statements of work, license agreements and confidentiality agreements;
- Gather appropriate information necessary for the preparation of contract documents or contract negotiation through the analysis of preliminary information provided by lines of business to determine the nature of the request, validate the urgency, and determine potential risk to the organization; discuss requirements with the lines of business and identify possible contracting options appropriate in the circumstances; and gather additional information often found in sources such as proposals, business cases, and correspondence;
- Manage the contracts process, database and records retention as well as create a library of precedents that can be leveraged as needed;
- Review, draft and amend a variety of contracts to accurately reflect business requirements; recommend alternatives, additions or changes, when necessary, to conform with internal policies, minimize risk, and achieve proper framing of the business needs;
- Daily activities include contract drafting, negotiating, and working with senior lawyers and various business groups.
The Office of the General Counsel is a national, high performing group of professionals providing legal advice to the Deloitte Canada firm and our business leaders. They advise on corporate, commercial, regulatory, risk, employment, and litigation matters. Our work is rewarding, and we see the impact of the services we provide to our clients.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
Our shared values
- 5+ years at an in-house legal or procurement department, with experience in contract management/negotiations;
- A Paralegal or Law Clerk Diploma/Degree;
- The ability to communicate, draft and negotiate agreements at an advanced level in French;
- Is licensed by the Law Society of Ontario;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications;
- High organization skills, strong time management skills and is detail oriented;
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities, multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in French and in English;
- The ability to communicate in a professional manner in French and in English;
- The ability to work independently and as a team contributor.
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Equity, Law, Developer, Manager, Database, Finance, Legal, Technology, Management
Apply now "
Sales and Marketing Management and Executive