Temporary Contract Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description Please note that this is a 12 month contract, with benefits.
Reporting to the Collections Team Lead, the Collections Coordinator is accountable for collecting amounts due within an assigned portfolio. The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, goal oriented and able to deal with moderately complex, sensitive situations.
- Performs the collection of amounts due within assigned portfolio with some guidance from others
- Documents daily collection activities as described in our Collection process guidelines
- Communicates and negotiates with clients within the prescribed time frames
- Identifies and facilitates the resolution of client disputes.
- Discusses risky accounts with the Billing Partner
- Informs the Collection Team Lead of any risky situations and assess the need to engage the Office of the General Counsel
- Research, follow up and resolve any client request. Ensures that the appropriate people are engaged to resolve the issues.
- Performs account reconciliations when required
- Communicates with trustees and receivers and complete all legal documentation as required
- Works with Billing and Cash Application teams regarding misdirected payments or bills to be adjusted
- Identifies process efficiencies, raises recommendations to the Collections Team Lead and may support the implementation of any approved recommendations.
- Supports Collections related projects as required.
External Posting Qualifications
- University degree or College diploma, with a minimum of 2-3 years' experience in credit & collection.
- Enrollment in CCP professional designation (Certified Credit Professional) is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Aderant collections modules
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of attention to details
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for numbers and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to establish priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong negotiation skills and judgment when dealing with sensitive client matters with the guidance of the Team Lead
- Strong ability to problem solve and to make decisions within the parameters of their role.
- Ability to deal with all levels within the organization
- Bilingualism in French and English
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply