You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
KPMG's Immigration Law practice is looking for an Attorney, to join our Canadian Immigration Law group in Montreal. You will be part of a busy, fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team work environment with client contact. The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative, strong attention to detail, and organizational skills, with a desire to work in and promote a client first focused culture. About the team:
KPMG Law LLP is a national law firm with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary and Montreal. KPMG Law LLP is affiliated with the professional services firm of KPMG LLP. Since our approach is to be an integrated multidisciplinary firm, our team of lawyers work closely with accountants on client engagements in other tax practice areas.
To learn more about KPMG Law LLP visit our website here . What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Independently and effectively manage a high volume of corporate immigration cases under strict deadlines
- Supervise a team of support staff, including Administrators and Coordinators
- Provide timely, comprehensive, and strategic legal counsel related to temporary immigration matters
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Track cases in progress to monitor for timing issues and overall client satisfaction
- Conduct legal research and draft advisory opinions
- Notify clients of changes in immigration law and draft alerts for publication
- Stay current with changes in immigration law
- Participate in speaking engagements and other thought leadership opportunities
- Demonstrable business development and involvement in RFP processes
- Responsible for providing support and coaching to more junior team members
Keys to your success:
- Law degree from an accredited institution
- Called to the Barreau du Québec and in good standing
- At least 3 years of experience with high-volume business immigration
- Strong technical knowledge and legal writing skills
- Excellent French and English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience using legal case management software
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Outstanding communication, research, and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.