Reference ID: RBCAA008888688
What is the opportunity?
An RBC Dominion Securities branch located in the heart of downtown Montreal is currently seeking an Associate to join a well-established advisory team. By joining the team, you will participate in growing the business by providing exceptional and efficient service and by taking care of administrative duties related to client accounts and by responding to client inquiries.
What will you do?
- Responsible for the professional servicing of incoming telephone and email contacts from clients, Advisors and other internal and external partners
- Support the Investment Advisors in general administrative duties in the management of client accounts
- Support the Investment Advisors in the preparation of client reviews and presentations
- Request information and documentation from clients in order to open accounts and keep client files up to date
- Accurately execute client trades ensuring the adherence to industry and company regulations
- Follow up on client trades to ensure proper settlement and delivery
- Monitor all pending transfers to ensure completion on a timely basis
What do you need to succeed?
- Registration with IIROC as an Investment Representative (IR)
- Fluency in English and French, both verbal and written
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, especially Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- Demonstrated skills in providing world-class client service that will come across as professional, warm, and friendly to our clients
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in securities industry
- Knowledge of RBC Dominion Securities' systems and procedures, an asset
- Enthusiastic, committed, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Knowledge of daily economic news
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Financial strength and strong brand
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 1 Place Ville Marie
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Branch
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 04/30/2019
Req ID: 186442
Posted: April 16, 2019
Closes: June 15, 2019