Roynat Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary of Scotiabank, is a national lender and investor with expertise in providing innovative long-term capital solutions for mid-sized companies utilizing senior term, subordinated debt, as well as mezzanine capital and common share equity. We provide tailored solutions to clients for acquisitions, business expansions, wealth monetization, and working capital enhancement. With a national presence in Canada in major markets, Roynat assists growth-oriented companies in reaching their goals across a wide range of industries.
Roynat Capital is looking for a dynamic self-starter who embraces a team environment and shares our passion for helping mid-market Canadian businesses achieve their goals. For more than 50 years, our team of professionals are committed to delivering advice and creative financing solutions to help mid-sized businesses grow and expand; execute mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; restructure debt and equity capital; and arrange strategic partnerships. Team members with a client-centric approach and a strong emphasis on results will thrive in our entrepreneurial, growth-oriented environment.
If you have a winning mindset and are proactive, resourceful and committed to profitable growth and delivering an exceptional client experience, we invite you to consider this position.
- Is this role right for you?
- You will proactively acquire new clients by developing a disciplined sales approach, understanding clients' needs and asking for business and referrals.
- Deepen client relationships by providing proactive advice and solutions, being a client champion, leveraging partners and promoting cross selling.
- Research, verify and analyze credit applications and prepare comprehensive credit applications of large and complex transactions.
- Make it easy for clients to do business with Roynat Capital by bringing a full suite of products and services to the client while providing fast turnaround times.
- Monitor all assigned accounts to ensure conformity to terms and conditions, as stipulated in credit authorizations with timely financial statement reviews and screen interim statements for potential business opportunities.
- Your ultimate goal is to provide tailored credit solutions for business expansion, shareholder transactions, management buyouts and wealth monetization to a wide range of industries.
- The ideal candidate would be from commercial credit professionals holding such titles as a Credit Analyst, Senior Credit Analyst, Account Manager or Senior Account Manage. Top performers from private equity, corporate finance, audit or mergers and acquisitions operations are also strong front-runners for this position.
- Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if:
- You have an outstanding sales/closing skill track record.
- Exceptional portfolio management skills, including proven ability to execute sales activities and manage sales pipeline.
- Excellent ability to establish and maintain a referral network to generate closed referrals.
- Outstanding negotiation skills in combination of communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building and teamwork skills.
- Advanced credit skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the Canadian Commercial Banking marketplace.
- Five plus years of commercial banking experience (two to four years of related commercial credit or analysis and business development experience in a financial services environment ideally).
- University degree at the undergraduate or graduate level in business, finance, accounting or economics or a professional financial designation such as a CPA, CA, CMA, MBA and/or CFA.
- This role is "performance" driven and rewards proactive, resourceful and committed portfolio management of complex and/or highly customized financial solutions for clients.
- The opportunity to be responsible for the delivery of an exceptional client experience; new client acquisition; credit underwriting and compliance; revenue growth and referral activities.
- If you have a passion for understanding clients' businesses and proactively identify needs through sales activities such as face-to-face calls this is the role for you.
- This position reports to a District Director.
- You will build on your own experience and contacts in the area by using a thorough and structured calling program to develop Prospects and Centers of Influence.
- You will manage an assigned loan portfolio within the area.
- We are interested in employees who will take personal responsibility for making our company a success. Our employees are truly valued and treated with respect.
- The work environment is stimulating, challenging and fun. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
- We recognize people as our most valuable asset. We offer a competitive compensation plan, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Travel within the assigned territory is required.
Roynat Capital and Scotiabank are equal opportunity employers and welcome applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Anjou || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Underwriter, Manager, Equity, Bank, Banking, Insurance, Management, Finance
Banking, Finance and Insurance