Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Securities is one of Canada's most active dealers in Debt and Equity products. Corporate Credit is our team of in-house credit assessment professionals. They work closely with our Investment Banking and Sales and Trading teams, as credit is an integral part of many of our institutional client initiatives. Our credit team is involved in the origination of business and responsible for the analysis, risk assessment and ongoing monitoring of these credit transactions. At TD Securities, we believe that diversity is the key to our success in the competitive global marketplaces and we embrace people with a wide range of unique experiences and abilities. Job Description
• Assists in the preparation of credit submissions as required for assigned Borrower accounts.
• Assists in overseeing and monitoring the performance of Borrowers to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions of the credit authorization, and to ensure that the risk ratings for the assigned Borrowers are accurate.
• Conducts market, industry, and client research in support of the ongoing risk assessment process.
• Work with Vice President / Director / Managing Director and other product groups including Investment Banking, Cash Management, Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, Money Market, Energy Trading and Trade Finance to ensure their credit needs are being met.
• Prepare credit reviews in accordance with minimum policy requirements regarding Annual Reporting Dates and Interim Reporting Dates.
• Ensure that all credit reviews include sensitivity analysis appropriate for the risk at hand
• Ensure that credit reviews include statement breakdowns using the internal spreadsheet tool, and that they include an internal rating analysis to support the risk rating assessment, where applicable.
• Monitor market and client developments, to ensure client risk ratings are accurate and reflect all relevant material information.
• Prepare and submit the Quarterly Confirmation of Internal Risk Ratings Report.
• Assists in the completion of Out-of-Order reports as appropriate (daily, quarterly).
• Work with Vice President / Director to ensure that loan and security documentation reflects the details of the credit authorization.
• Coordinate with Origination in the preparation and presentation of Loan Capital Committee analysis and documentation.
• Identify and communicate credit risk issues, concepts, and litigations/solutions effectively.
• Work closely with assigned Vice President / Director / Managing Director in meeting team objectives.
• Additional tasks:
• Prepare presentations/pitches for clients
• Liaise with syndications for market data/info
• Work with various departments of the Firm on mandates that incorporate multiple products Requirements
• Applicants should be well-organized, detail oriented and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines, establish priorities and work independently with minimal supervision
• Superior financial and analytical skills Strong verbal and written communication and problem solving skills.
• Proactive and highly motivated. Able to work independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Excel/Powerpoint
• 3 to 5 years credit experience required
• MBA graduate preferred
• CFA an asset
• Fully bilingual (English and French) Additional Information
This position requires proficiency in a language other than French to support customers, employees or markets located outside the province of Quebec or who require services in a language other than French.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Law Enforcement and Security