Permanent Primary Location:
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Quebec City
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Toronto Advisory Services group is rapidly expanding and we are looking for leading talent to support this growth. Joining our team will provide you with unique opportunities to develop and hone skills, work on industry leading engagements, expand your internal and external networks and be a key contributor in the growth of our practice What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager, you will be responsible for:
About the team
- Leading delivery P&C work on a wide range of consulting projects within actuarial, underwriting / claims and advanced analytics domains
- Support practice leaders with new business and sales initiatives. Lead new business proposals, from planning responses, to leading orals to delivering client presentations
- Supervising audit engagements and managing actuarial Consultants and Analysts
- Staying abreast of technical P&C industry developments like MCT, DCAT, ORSA, etc. as well as leading proposals and engagements in fields such as InsurTech, Advanced Analytics, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Blockchain and IFRS 17
- Developing P&C market offerings by contributing with innovative approaches to existing (intra-Firm) initiatives and other proofs-of-concept
- Together with practice leaders, you will support the coaching and developing of Senior Consultants and Analysts within a high-performing team
Our Canadian Actuarial, Rewards and Analytics (ARA) team is part of Deloitte's worldwide actuarial network, which includes over 1000 actuarial professionals working in 43 countries. ARA is part of Deloitte's Assurance & Advisory practice and provides a wide range of services. Enough about us, let's talk about you
- A Masters / Bachelor's degree in the fields Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or Data Science
- A Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS) and / or the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA). Relevant post-fellowship experience coupled with post-actuarial credentials like an MBA, CERA or CFA an asset
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant actuarial P&C working experience with in disciplines like pricing, reserving, capital management, underwriting and /or analytics
- Knowledge of actuarial software packages like ResQ, EMBLEM, Radar, ARIUS or Prophet GI
- Programming skills (Visual Basic, R, Python, etc.) and visualization tools like Tableau an asset
- Comfortable and experienced presenting technical concepts to a C-Suite executives, boards and internal committees. Superior written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to manage teams and/or engagements with concurrent priorities whilst keeping team members' moral high
- An inquisitive, positive mindset topped with a relentless drive to move engagements ahead. When required by business needs, a sense of commitment, ownership and urgency
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production