Permanent Primary Location:
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Quebec City
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Are you an actuary looking for a new challenging and rewarding career opportunity? Do you want to work for Canada's largest professional services firm? Then look no further!What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager in the Actuarial practice, you will be leading teams and engagements and contributing to market initiatives. You will:
• Support practice leaders by delivering Life work on a wide range of consulting projects within actuarial, underwriting / claims and advanced analytics domains
• Lead engagement teams on projects including IFRS 17, advanced analytics, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), and actuarial transformation.
• Drive developments of new market offerings by contributing with innovative approaches
• Be expected to stay abreast of technical Life industry developments like IFRS 17 and LICAT, etc. as well as broader industry developments in the fields such as InsurTech, Advanced Analytics, and Blockchain
• Understand our purpose and values; explore opportunities for impact
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador to help attract top-talent
• Work with high profile clients operating in the North American Life Insurance (Life) space as well as within the broader insurance space. Opportunities to work on projects in Europe, Asia and Latin America.About the team
Work in a fast growing, challenging and rewarding environment with practitioners who are eminent in their respective areas of expertise. Engage with clients by developing innovative solutions through R&D and discussion, both within our teams as well as with our clients. Work with high profile clients operating in the North American Life Insurance (Life) space as well as within the broader insurance space.
Our Canadian Actuarial team is over 70 strong, and has tripled in size over 5 years. We are part of Deloitte's worldwide actuarial network, which includes over 1000 actuarial professionals working in 43 countries. AIS is part of Deloitte's Assurance & Advisory practice and provides a wide range of consulting services.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• A Masters / Bachelor's degree from a leading University in the fields Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or Data Science
• A Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA) or equivalent. Relevant post-fellowship experience coupled with post-actuarial credentials like an MBA, CERA or CFA
• 5 plus years Life working experience in the industry within an insurance company, reinsurer, insurance broker or accounting / consulting firm
• (Advanced) Knowledge of actuarial software packages like AXIS, PathWise, or MATLAB
• Programming skills (Visual Basic, R, Python, etc.) and visualization tools like Tableau an assetWhy Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production