Join our team as Assistant Location Manager in Grand Montréal! Apply with us today and start your career! Job Overview:
Supervise and coordinate the day-to-day aspects of school transport operations. Plan, organize and coordinate the division's day-to-day operations to provide the best possible service to the company's customers and employees every day. Work closely with the division manager and staff to ensure an optimal level of service to internal and external clients. Provide concrete coaching to employees and help everyone grow.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the division's day-to-day operations. Work with the supervisor of drivers, office staff and garage mechanics in operational procedures.
- Promote the highest quality service to employees through training, coaching, positive reinforcement, advice and exemplary driving.
- Liaison with transportation agency officers and managers.
- Supervise the allocation of vehicles and roads in accordance with the division's rules and practices.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance programs are completed in the most cost-effective and timely manner.
- Help the division director implement the company's new programs and policies to ensure employees' true adherence to the change process.
- Provide support to the division manager on labour, development and training issues.
- Sit on the Health and Safety Committee.
- Work with the dispatch and ensure that the roads operate without hassle, on schedule and that the questions and problems of the drivers are answered.
- Work with the allocation in the preparation of the budget.
- Interview candidates and hire drivers.
- Review investigations and accidents governed by the Work Health and Safety Commission(CSST), including all related reports.
- Administer the outdoor refueling process with gas station maps and the Fuel Card Team.
- Supervise and administer any additional projects as required.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- College or university degree preferably. Courses in management, accounting and human resources would be an asset.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of management experience or having completed a management training program at a bus company.
- Supervisory experience, accounting skills and strong customer relations skills.
- In-depth knowledge of safety policies, procedures, rules and practices.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and e-mails.
- In-depth knowledge of working practices in a division (subsidiary).
- Basic knowledge of vehicle or equipment maintenance practices for troubleshooting and problem identification.
- This is a bus office depot environment and there is travel to potential customers.
Transco/First Student is an equal opportunity employer for a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, members of Aboriginal communities and visible minorities.
Management and Executive Operations and Logistics