845, rue de Sainte-Jovite
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
Guides, directs, and coaches staff to deliver exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Understands the needs of BMO customers or prospects to provide sales and service in the best interest of the customer. Advises customers on lending/credit card strategies and products that meet their financial objectives. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups. Supports sales and customer service activities to meet strategic customer experience and profitability goals in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and the Bank's policies and processes.
We're here to help
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Develops and executes a 3-6-month plan to maximize business growth and wallet share and achieve customer retention and acquisition objectives.
- Adjudicates loan applications within discretionary lending limits in real time.
- Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card needs and integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations to provide strategic advice in the best interests of the customer.
- Coordinates service requests and problem resolution processes to ensure accurate completion and follow-up that meets or exceeds customer expectations, or escalates to manager for resolution.
- Generates leads to build and maintain customer relationships, resulting in outcomes that define a great customer experience.
- Supports the Bank's community involvement and participates in community activities.
- Develops and maintains a network in the community to enhance the Bank's visibility and build a strong referral source for new potential business.
- Resolves customer related issues using knowledge of bank services, products, and processes.
- Supervises the team to ensure customers are provided with superior service that defines a great customer experience.
- Fulfills sales and service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procedures.
- Continuously assesses and improves the fit-to-role and the skill / knowledge of subordinates to deliver on the desired customer experience.
- Provides input into area business and market plans to optimize new and existing business opportunities within the community.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Maintains relationships with third party stakeholders (e.g. CDC, MasterCard, Symcor, etc.) to maintain knowledge of interdependent systems and related policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Monitors results and performance measures against plans and standards (e.g. sales targets, service targets, referral targets) to address gaps and develop plans.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Provides guidance, direction, and coaching to the team to ensure individuals have a working proficiency in the retail sales environment and meet stated objectives.
- Coordinates daily work routines, assigns duties, and leads hiring processes.
- Provides technical training to branch employees to maintain operational and sales effectiveness and recommend improvements.
- Develops and executes short term tactics / plans to drive specific behaviours, activities, and results.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Manages transactional outcomes for customer calls or defers to appropriate internal business groups.
- Resolves complex or unresolved customer situations or escalates to the next higher manager for resolution.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking and credit card industries, practices, and trends and integrates into customer conversations.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information.
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Protect the Bank's assets in compliance with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements
- Complies with legal and regulatory requirements, including Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing reporting, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), and the Privacy Act.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of banking or customer service/sales or equivalent experience - required.
- Previous supervisory or management experience -preferred.
- General knowledge of retail banking products and services.
- General knowledge of applicable regulations, audit standards, and related policies, procedures, and directives.
- Basic knowledge of competitive marketplace and trends in product offerings.
- Basic knowledge of branch operational processes and policies.
- Basic knowledge of branch technologies, processes, and performance metrics.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal and written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration and team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing