Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Job location: 1045 Howe Street, 5th Floor, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 2A9, Amazon Development Centre Canada ULC
Salary range: $116,600 - $ 194,700, commensurable with experience.
Language requirement: English
As an Applied Scientist, you will develop innovative solutions to hard problems, and publish your findings at peer reviewed conferences and workshops.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for machine learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) applications.
• Develop statistical models, optimization methods, and other ML techniques like (DL) to different applications in business and engineering.
• Routinely produce artifacts in terms of technical reports, evaluation reports, and production-ready code packages that build and deploy models on available data.
• Perform data analysis, A/B experimentation and modeling with large data sets to develop insights that increase product usage and customer experience.
• Work closely with product managers and software engineers to design experiments and implement end-to-end solutions.
• Communicate the optimization results to various business stakeholders.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
• 1 year of experience conducting independent research and building computer vision systems.
• 1 year of experience implementing computer vision or deep learning algorithms in C++, C, Python or equivalent programming languages.
• 1 year of experience with deep learning libraries such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, MxNet. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
All applicants must meet all qualifications listed above.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units.
While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include: • Health Care • Savings Plans • Income Protection • Paid Time Off • Signing Bonuses • Employee Stock Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.