Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
• You will lead at every level:
We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
• You can work your way:
We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
• You will feel included and inspired:
We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 27, 2019 at 11:59 pm (EST)Role description:Strategic, Regulatory & Financial Risk
- This group is a specialized group that provides advisory services to senior management and boards. Our services are designed to help create and protect value as well as enhance effective management of strategic, regulatory and financial compliance risks on a sustained basis. Primary service areas are:
- Strategic Risk & Reputation Risk - address marketplace expectations related to board oversight responsibilities; identify trends and disruptors that could impact competitive advantage, market position, and long-term performance; enhance and protect brand and reputation value by sensing threats, seizing opportunities, shaping perceptions and measuring outcomes; and prepare for, respond to, and recover from crisis events, including crisis monitoring, execution of crisis plans, and crisis communications.
- Regulatory Risk - develops strategies to anticipate and adapt to regulatory change; designs, implements and operates compliance programs to preserve organizational value and create competitive advantage; and responds to actual or prospective regulatory censures through the implementation of efficient and effective regulatory change processes.
- Financial Risk - assesses, designs and implements governance, processes, models, data and technology, and reporting related to market, credit risk management including transaction valuation and public offerings, capital, liquidity and treasury risk management; and transforms and conforms accounting, finance and reporting processes and controls to improve integrity, transparency and efficiency.
We are looking for highly motivated students with the following attributes:
- Strong academic performance and extracurricular activities
- Knowledge of and interest in one or more of the following:
- IT and business processes
- Internet technology infrastructure (network security, security architecture, ethical hacking, cyber security, identity management)
- Databases, operating systems and programming languages
- Data analysis (including predicative analytics, quantitative and statistical analysis)
- Financial markets, economics and business operations
- Canadian and global regulatory bodies
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree in engineering, business, economics, finance, political science, computer science, engineering math, commerce, ERP-related program or other relevant degree
- Bilingual in French and English
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of the current economic climate
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to business professionals and vice versa
- Ability to work independently as part of solution teams
- Proven creativity, the ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to tackle problems systematically to determine causes and produce effective solutions
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, that allow you to adapt to a variety of clients and industries
- Leadership and initiative, in and out of the work environment
- Flexibility, humility, integrity and professionalism
- A desire to be a contributing member of the community
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada
Your role as junior staff member at Deloitte:
•Understand our purpose and values; explore opportunities for impact
•Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador to help attract top-talent
•Understand expectations and demonstrate personal accountability for keeping performance on-track
•Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
•Understand how your daily work contributes to the priorities of the team, the business, and the firmApplication instructions:
Only complete applications can be considered, so please ensure to include the following:
- Please submit your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript in a pdf file
- Please ensure that institution information in your Deloitte profile is accurate and up to date
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply