Co-op/Intern Reference code:
102625 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Halifax; Kitchener; Montreal; Saint John; St. John's Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters. Are you ready for a challenge? Join our Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice for your coop/internship, where you can help our clients' gain a new view of risk. What will your typical day look like?
There are no typical days! Working in Risk Advisory offers a dynamic, fast-paced environment, which presents you with the opportunity to continually grow and learn from people with different backgrounds and workings styles. Your days will be filled with impact - professionally, socially, and personally. Professionally, you will synthesize and communicate complex analyses to senior executives for them to take effective action at their global organizations. Socially, you will work through exciting challenges with peers and colleagues, solving complicated and substantial problems. Personally, you will share your successes and learnings with colleagues that will expand your network and become colleagues for life.About the team
At Deloitte, we believe taking risks is a business imperative. Risk Advisory professionals are advisory specialists that help our clients navigate business risks and opportunities, embrace complexity, accelerate performance and gain competitive advantage.
As a co-op/intern, you will be aligned to a specific service offering based on the advisory stream of your choosing. The availability of advisory streams and service offerings is dependent on individual business needs and differs per regional office.Advisory Streams:
- Controls and Assurance Advisory (stream available in Halifax, Kitchener, Montreal, Saint John,St Johns and Toronto office):
- Analysts in this stream have an interest in risk and controls, audit methodologies, business and IT operations, IT risk, analytics and data visualization
- Assigned service offering may include: Internal Audit, IT & Specialized Assurance, Extended Enterprise, Digital/AI Controls/Algorithms.
- Technical Advisory (stream available in Montreal office):
- Analysts in this stream have an interest in coding, IT acumen (operating systems/databases/applications), artificial intelligence and machine learning, data analytics and data visualization.
- Assigned service offering may include: Digital/AI Controls/Algorithms, Crisis and Resilience, Financial Industry Risk & Regulatory, IT & Specialized Assurance and Internal Audit.
Please note that available service offerings within each advisory stream differ for each region to align to their specific business needs and resourcing requirements. Candidates pursuing their CPA designation should select the Controls and Assurance Advisory stream to obtain experience that will count towards their CPA designation requirements. Enough about us, let's talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
Our shared values
- Enrolled in a post-secondary degree
- An inclusive team player who is passionate and motivated
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder
- Proficient in spoken and written English; Bilingualism in English and French is required for the Quebec Region
- Self-starter and able to conceptualize creative approaches and solutions
- Curious and comfortable with ambiguity
- Dedicated to providing meaningful service to our clients
- Some level of travel may be required
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply now! Deadlines to apply: 1) Montreal, Kitchener,Toronto: May 15, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST
2)Halifax, Saint John, St. Johns: May 25, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document.
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Risk Management, Intern, Developer, Equity, Law, Finance, Entry Level, Technology, Legal
Management and Executive