Permanent Primary Location:
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Quebec City
External Posting Description
Deloitte Canada currently employs 45 actuarial professionals who provide a range of first-class consulting and audit services to a vast clientele in Canada and internationally. Our Canadian Actuarial, Rewards and Analytics (ARA) team belongs to a global Deloitte network of over 1,500 actuarial professionals working in 43 countries. The ARA group is part of the firm's Assurance and Advisory practice, which provides a variety of audit and consulting services.
A career in ARA at Deloitte will provide you with the opportunity to:
- work in a fast-growing and challenging environment with people who are eminent in their respective fields;
- work with reputable clients on a multitude of Canadian and international mandates;
- broaden your knowledge of insurance, the products and related management processes;
- in-depth learning of models, including extensive knowledge of the AXIS software;
- work in various domains, including consulting assignments;
- develop project and people management skills.
You will provide actuarial audit and consulting/advisory services to life and health insurance industry clients, primarily (corporations, insurance companies and regulators). Your work will touch on many aspects and will focus on actuarial and other topics related to insurance consulting. You will support audit teams in risk assessment, management and control. You will also support clients by conducting assessments, estimating and producing reports. Assignments may include the following tasks:
- Review and calculate actuarial liabilities;
- Test many models (valuation, capital and other models);
- Test the design and implementation of controls;
- Analyze the results and study models experience;
- Review various reports;
- Research and draft reports;
- Provide support during various consulting mandates;
- Monitor insurance industry developments in various industries, including AXIS software features;
- Participate in a multitude of projects, including: actuarial function modernization, capital modeling, IFRS 17, etc.
- Eventually mentor and train team members to reach their full potential
External Posting Qualifications
Your role as a senior staff member at Deloitte:
- •Identify and embrace our purpose and values,and put them into practice when executing daily tasks/activities
- •Enhance personal development skills by actively seeking opportunities for growth, sharing knowledge and experiences with others, and acting as a strong brand ambassador for the firm
- •Seek challenging opportunities across businesses and borders and take accountability for personal and team results
- •Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- •Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align your work to objectives, and set personal priorities
- A bachelor's degree with a specialization in actuarial sciences/mathematics;
- One to five years of relevant work experience;
- Interest in the actuarial reviews of the Society of Actuaries and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries; to have successfully completed several;
- Ability to learn, apply and communicate actuarial concepts;
- Ability to synthesize quantitative analyses and pass this information along to others;
- Excellent problem-solving, financial analysis and research skills;
- Significant interest in life and health insurance;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teamwork and leadership;
- Active listening and attention to detail;
- Strong writing and oral communication skills (French and English);
- Comfortable with computer tools, including Microsoft Office Suite, Internet search tools, AXIS, etc.;
- Demonstrated ability to manage many priorities and deadlines;
- Unconditional commitment to professional excellence and quality customer service.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply