Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal Role Description:
As a Practitioner in Cyber Risk Services, you will be a key part of client engagement teams, with typical responsibilities including:
- Work in a collaborative team focused on delivering comprehensive solutions, which include analyzing client issues, performing research, conducting workshops/interviews/walkthroughs, developing and communicating solutions, implementing process and technology solutions, etc.
- Develop business cases and strategic considerations for client initiatives
- Supporting the team on security/controls and risk management solution development and system integration
- Supporting the group in identifying risks and controls within business and IT processes for various initiatives
- Performing technical deployment activities on systems implementation projects
- Assisting with the development of security strategies, policies and standards
- Researching and resolving complex issues and developing innovative solutions for clients
What is expected of you at the firm:
- Taking personal responsibility and accountability for your work
- Sustaining a high level of drive, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in the face of obstacles
- Leveraging the firm's resources to seek out feedback and development opportunities
- Working in a respectful and professional manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Holding yourself to the highest of standards and always thriving to be better both professionally and individually
Your role as junior staff member at Deloitte:
- Understand our purpose and values; explore opportunities for impact
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador to help attract top-talent
- Understand expectations and demonstrate personal accountability for keeping performance on-track
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understand how your daily work contributes to the priorities of the team, the business, and the firm
Within Cyber Security, there are different personas that exist, and you may be able to identify yourself with one or multiple of these personas. To gain more information about this, please navigate to Deloitte's report on the ever changing faces of Cyber Security:
In return, you will get an exposure to a variety of different work activities in different industry sectors available in Deloitte's Cyber Risk portfolio of service offerings, which focus on four aspects of cyber security:
- Strategy: Help executives develop a cyber-risk program in line with the strategic objectives and risk appetite of the organization.
- Secure: Focus on establishing effective controls around the organization's most sensitive assets and balancing the need to reduce risk, while enabling productivity, business growth, and cost optimization objectives.
- Vigilant: Integrate threat data, IT data, and business data to equip security teams with context-rich intelligence to proactively detect and manage cyber threats and respond more effectively to cyber incidents.
- Resilient: Combine proven proactive and reactive incident management processes and technologies to rapidly adapt and respond to cyber disruptions whether from internal or external forces.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Graduating with an Undergraduate or Graduate degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university by September 2019
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with competing deadlines and rapidly evolving client needs and conditions
- The ability to work independently as part of solution teams
- Effective verbal and written communication with creative ability to conceptualize and articulate new approaches and solutions
- Leadership and initiative skills with demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in and out of the work environment
- Canadian travel required and occasional international travel; Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience to be considered at the Consultant level
Nice to have:
- Knowledge or curiosity with security or privacy enhancing technologies
- Familiar with some cyber security conferences and talks (e.g DEFCON)
- Familiar and knowledgeable about the latest cyber security breaches and incidents in the industry
- Knowledge in one or more of cyber security domains would be an asset
- Understanding of common technologies such as databases, web servers and firewalls
Please ensure to include the following:
- Submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in pdf file
- Indicate your service line preference in your cover letter
- Ensure that institution information in your Deloitte profile is accurate and up-to-date
- All applications must be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on the deadline date
- Montreal - April 4th, 2019
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply