Co-op/Intern Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Kitchener; Montreal; Quebec City; Toronto
Interested in joining a team that will help you develop and hone your skills, expand your network and be a key member in the growth of a firm? Check out the opportunity below! What will your typical day look like?
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Our Actuarial and Insurance Solutions (AIS) practice will not just offer you a typical actuarial role. You will build innovative solutions to advance the actuarial field in addition to developing a deep knowledge of actuarial technical concepts and understanding the issues that will affect our clients.
More specifically, a career in AIS will offer you the opportunity to:
About the team
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with a diverse set of people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop cutting-edge solutions in collaboration with our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
The AIS practice is a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional service line that engages with clients across the Life, Property & Casualty, and Pension industries. Our Canadian team is part of Deloitte's worldwide actuarial network, which includes over 1,500 actuarial professionals working in 43 countries. Our service line performs client engagements that include, but are not limited to, technical actuarial work, enterprise risk management, actuarial process re-engineering, regulatory advisory, pension de-risking, predictive analytics, and M&A due diligence.
AIS is also part of Deloitte's insurance sector practice and provides a wide range of services that go beyond the actuarial discipline.
Our main objectives as a practice is to meet our clients' evolving needs and develop solutions that can help them take the next step in an industry being disrupted by emerging technology, stringent regulations, and changing customer needs. Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in actuarial sciences, mathematics, risk management or a related field & significant progress towards ASA preferred (passed at least two SOA or CAS actuarial exam).
- Aptitude to synthesize quantitative analysis and effectively relay this information to others
- Superior research, financial analysis, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated capabilities in team work, leadership, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, etc.), Internet search tools, AXIS, etc
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply today! Application deadlines are: 1) Kitchener and Toronto: September 13, 2020 at 11:59pm EST ** University of Waterloo: September 21st &/ Wilfred Laurier University: September 28th **. 2) Montreal & Québec: September 13th 2020 at 11:59PM EST Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file.
We are passionate about helping you launch your career at Deloitte. Prepped
is a free, digital and personalized, voluntary program that may provide the guidance and training you need to properly tackle your job search, and could prepare you for the next steps in the interview process. Prepped is currently only available in English, and is not a Deloitte created tool. Choosing to use or not use Prepped will not be weighted towards or against you. Get Prepped now at https://www.fullyprepped.ca/invite .
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production