Permanent Primary Location:
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Quebec City; Montreal Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be a part of Deloitte's "Next Normal" - a hybrid model between virtual and in-office, allowing you to make purposeful choices about how and where you want to work. Are you interested in an exciting advisory career in Actuarial Science with the unique opportunity of working in the Property & Casualty actuarial industry?What will your typical day look like?
As an Analyst in Actuarial & Insurance Solutions (AIS),you will be a part of team of like-minded individuals where you will contribute to market and client initiatives. Within this role, you will be a key component of growth initiatives ongoing in the Quebec region. Working closely together with the Toronto team, you will gain meaningful relationships with business leaders across the Canadian practice. You will be involved in the following key activities:
About the team
- Support practice leaders by delivering technical work on a wide range of advisory projects within actuarial, valuation, pricing and advanced analytics domains;
- Gain valuable understanding of reserving methodologies and industry trends through comprehensive actuarial audit support;
- Acquire significant insights into pricing, underwriting transformation and digital solutions by actively participating on the delivery of a variety of systems, including Guidewire and Earnix;
- Contribute and support new business sales initiatives, including new business proposals and preparing client presentations;
- Assist in developing market offerings by providing meaningful analyses relevant to business initiatives;
- Stay abreast of technical industry developments, regulatory requirements, financial reporting standards, as well as broader industry developments in emerging fields such as InsurTech and Advanced Analytics;
- Coach and develop Co-op students.
Our Canadian AIS P&C team is strong and growing as we continue to build our reputation as leaders in P&C transformation, pricing optimization, IFRS 17, innovation, analytics and AI.Joining our team will provide you with unique opportunities to develop business acumen, hone technical skills, work on industry leading engagements, expand your internal and external networks, and be a key contributor in the growth of our practice. We will train you in leading tools like R, Guidewire, Earnix and SAS, and you will have an opportunity to develop exciting new software and solutions for our clients. A career in AIS enables you by providing a fast growing, challenging and rewarding environment with practitioners who are eminent in their respective areas of expertise. You will gain mentorship and professional development opportunities with senior leaders in our industry. You will be a part of our global actuarial network by engaging with high profile clients operating globally, and Deloitte's broader global insurance practice.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
Our shared values
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree from a leading University in Actuarial Science or a related quantitative field with displayed interest in taking CAS actuarial exams (ideally a few exams passed)
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience in a P&C (re)insurance company or actuarial consulting firm within at least one of the following "traditional" actuarial disciplines: pricing, reserving, risk, capital management or analytics.
- Ability to learn and apply and discuss actuarial concepts and idea
- Superior research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in both English and French a must .
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated capabilities in teamwork and leadership
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by [insert date]
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production