Line of Service
Internal Firm ServicesIndustry/Sector
IFS - AdministrationManagement Level
Senior AssociateJob Description & Summary
A career in Administration and Secretarial Services, within Internal Firm Services, will give you with the opportunity to provide administrative support to PwC employees. You'll focus on using business software applications to prepare reports, receiving and directing incoming calls or emails to the appropriate parties, arranging business travel, tracking expenses, and coordinating meeting arrangements.
Our team is led by the national administrative services team that oversees executive assistants and team assistants, administrative support concierge, dual support specialists, office services, document production, meeting and events, and project management. You'll help our team with calendar management, internal and external client scheduling, travel arrangements, expense reconciliation, client or account research, report generation and review, and routine communication management.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Primary Responsibilities Responsible for the overall supervision, training and coaching of a team of assistants, and managing the performance review process Develop and maintain strong working relationships with partners, practice staff and other key contacts, including other Team Leads nationallyUnderstand the business in order to provide enhanced client-centric administrative services deliveryPromote a culture of teaming and continuous improvementContribute to, support and implement national strategy, policies and procedures as directedPromote and maintain a team environment by managing staffing to achieve optimal ratios, workflow and back up support within the assigned teamsFunction as a primary point of contact in the resolution, escalation or routing of inquiries and issuesDetermine training needs and provide recommendations to the National Administrative Managers Workflow Management Promote a sense of teamwork through knowledge-sharing, coordinating team workload, and collaborating on continuous improvement initiativesManage expectations of the businessAllocate assistant assignments and seating arrangements Balance workloads and implement a backup system to ensure priorities are metCoordinate, approve, and monitor both planned and unplanned absences, vacation, and overtime requests to ensure work deadlines are metAssign staff to assist with special projects
Policy and Procedure Management Collaborate with key stakeholders to support the business objectives of the office and/or LoSApplying best practices, prepare reference material and share with the team lead communityHold regular team meetings with the assistants to encourage collaboration and sharing knowledge Communicate and promote strategic initiatives, best practices, internal policy changes and information to the teamMaintain and track resource information for your team
Training Lead the onboarding process and activities for new hiresEnsure existing staff receive training relevant to their roleAssess whether additional training is required, based on individual responsibilities and performanceWork with the National Administrative Managers to promote and deliver training initiativesProvide guidance to client service staff on how to work effectively with their assistantActively participate in both local and national team lead meetings
Development, Progression and Performance Hold regular coaching discussions as per the coaching agreementIdentify and communicate gaps in performance; implement an improvement plan; verify success or failure to meet objectives and determine next stepsCollect and deliver performance feedbackPromote development opportunities that are aligned with their skill set and experienceMake recommendations on final rating, deliver salary and bonus information Recognize those who demonstrate performance above expectations
Recruiting Assess resource needs and prepare business case for approval by National Admin ManagersReview and submit job posting, review candidate resumes; conduct interviews and finalize selection of candidates Other Responsibilities Manage special projects/social events for national admin team or local office admin services staff as requested Career Profile Strong relationship building skills with experience leading diverse work teams, engaging staff and partnersDetailed understanding of the firm's business, including a strong grasp of the needs of our lines of serviceA team builder with a positive attitude, who has a demonstrated ability to deal with staff at all levelsAble to negotiate and influence effectively, with an ability to challenge in a constructive mannerStrong problem-solving skills, exhibiting exceptional time management and organizational skillsAbility to work under pressureEffective communication skills (written/verbal) with partners and all levels of staffImpeccable ethical standards, discretion, integrity, objectivity, confidence, dedication and can maintain confidentialityStrong technical skills in Google, MS Office, Lotus Notes and knowledge of other specific applications as required Experience Minimum of 5 or more years of experience leading administrative teamsPast experience as an administrative assistant supporting multiple staff is an assetExperience working in a partnership or professional services firm would be an asset Education High school diploma required. A post-secondary education is an asset Bilingualism is an requirement Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.