You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Provide senior level administrative support to partners, senior managers, managers and client service teams.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of client data by following national risk management and branding guidelines.
- Coordinate, prepare, edit and/or proofread documents such as correspondence, proposals, presentations, and reports using various software.
- Respond independently to client enquiries and escalate complex enquiries to appropriate parties based on knowledge of practice/structure and work process.
- Manage the partners' agenda and coordinate client relationship management in order to optimize their timetable.
- Provide proactive billing and collection support and coordination using various KPMG systems.
- Plan and coordinate cost-effective and sometimes complex domestic and international travel arrangements and itineraries for individuals and groups using Concur.
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls, video conferences, Skype meetings, etc., organize materials and take minutes.
- Oversee the preparation and the submission of time sheets and expense reports for partners.
Keys to your success
- You have a College diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience as an administrative assistant.
- You are bilingual: French, English.
- You have at least three to five years of experience in administrative support.
- You have advanced knowledge of MS Office, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The benefits of working for KPMG
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail with an aptitude for proofreading, suggesting alternatives and making modifications.
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive materials with a high degree of tact and discretion.
- A competitive salary subject to increases, and group insurance plans
- Three weeks of vacation allowance
- A pension plan
- Personal time to help achieve a work-life balance
- Daytime work schedule, Monday to Friday
- A challenging work environment focused on sharing, professional development and learning
- A comfortable office located in the heart of downtown Montréal
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
LI-EJ1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Health Care