Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview TD Insurance is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada's largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the 'accidents of life' with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top home and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers.Job Description The Corporate Actuarial Analyst II, Valuation role is a key role that will:
-Contribute in establishing the actuarial provisions
-Contribute in monitoring the actuarial provisions to ensure adequacy
-Contribute to the certification of PC1
-Contribute to the production of the actuary's report
-Improve valuation methods and processes
-Ensure that valuation methods and processes are conform to actuarial standards
-Ensure that the team is compliant with the various processes and policies (EUC, SOX, modeling policy …)
-Participate in the transition to the new accounting standards IFRS 17
-Collaborate with various business partners
-Contribute to development and progression of his team membersRequirements Professional Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in Actuarial science, or other quantitative area of study
• ACAS/FCAS designation or ambition to continue CAS exams
• Minimum 2 years of Property & Casualty actuarial experience Applicants with less experience and exams than job requirements may be considered depending on applications received and job level will be consequently reviewed to a Level 7.
• Stands out for his/her judgment and analytical mind
• Has strong problem-solving skills
• Skilled at anticipating the results of an analysis or a report
• Recognized for his/her thoroughness and the quality of his/her work
• Shows initiative, creativity and critical thinking in his/her work
• Has work experience with MS Excel(VBA), programming languages (eg. R/SAS/Python)
• Ability to make good decisions quickly when required
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. French is an asset
• Highly adaptable for having discussions with different stakeholders in terms of expertise, training and hierarchical position
• Ability to work effectively during periods of stress
• Ability to collaborate and build positive relationships with business partners
• Autonomous and perseverantHours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.