Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
GI Pricing oversees the overall pricing strategy of general insurance products that aligns with TD Insurance's business objectives in compliance with jurisdictional premium regulations. Pricing is a determining component of our home and auto insurance products that cater to direct and affinity markets.
Reporting to the Pricing Manager, the Actuarial Analyst helps establish the rating strategy for all products and all insurers for a given region; the Analyst contributes to the on-going and future success of the company through the establishment of rating levels and classification criteria. The Analyst monitors and measures rate levels and effectiveness though rate-indication activities, and/or the execution of planned pricing and business initiatives utilizing best governance practicesJob Description About this Role
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Determine the rating level and classification criteria required to reach growth and profitability objectives;
- Partake in the production of regulatory rate change submissions
- Partake in the implementation of rate changes
- Support and implement best practices and controls to mitigate risk mitigation, risk controls in addition to application of existing processes, policies and procedures;
- Contribute to the development of tools and analysis techniques
Tell us about your most relevant experience, credentials and knowledge for this role, as well as these essential requirements and desired attributes:
One to three years of actuarial experience in Property & Casualty
- Bachelor degree in Actuarial Sciences or related field
- Completion of all preliminary professional exams of Casualty Actuarial Society
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Proficiency and interest for programming, notably SAS, VBA, R, Python
- Predictive modeling is a large asset
- Solid organizational and communications skills
- Aptitude for analytical and synthetical thinking
- Customer-centric approach and ability to work in team
- Recognized for their thoroughness and the quality of their work
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance