You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG, you'll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory, and business enablement services across 154 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally, and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this! Position summary
Come work for a dynamic firm as an accounting technician, reporting to a Senior Manager at our Ville St-Laurent location. You'll compile and review the financial statements of a very diverse SME client base. You'll have the chance to work on every aspect of an engagement and enjoy a special place on our team. What you will do
• Carry out compilation and review engagements.
• Assume responsibility for the production of the financial statements and the notes thereto.
• Perform financial analyses.
• Perform general accounting tasks to finalize a file when required.
• Prepare tax returns (T2s and CO17s).
• Prepare GST/QST reports, if required.
• Prepare tax slips such as T4s/RL1s, T5s and other relevant slips, if required;
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
• Occasionally travel to client premises. What you bring to the role
• Diploma required: Accounting and Management Techniques or a BBA.
• At least 3 years of experience with equivalent duties.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in French.
• Demonstrated expertise in monthly accounting and balance sheet reconciliation.
• Understanding of financial statements.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications.
• Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks, Acomba, an asset.
• Advanced proficiency in Taxprep and/or CaseWare, an asset
• Ability to prepare reviews and notices to reader files and working papers, including unaudited financial statements, is an asset. Keys to your success
• Professionalism, ability to work independently and intrinsic initiative in work performance.
• Organizational skills.
• Positive attitude in situations that may differ from engagement to engagement under potentially tight deadlines.
• Ability to manage several files simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.