At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity
As a Accounting Technician, you will have the opportunity to support the growth of our KPMG Family and assist our Brossard team and clients in their bookkeeping for both personally and corporately held investments. Your strong organizational skills and resourcefulness will enable you to effectively manage the bookkeeping of multiple clients and ensure that KPMG clients receive superior service, all under the supervision of experienced colleagues. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Record daily business transactions such as cash receipts and disbursements.
- Keep track of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Manage the reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Prepare GST-QST reports, as required.
- Assist in the preparation of T1, T3, T4-RL1 and T5.
- Prepare interim and annual financial statements.
- Maintain amortization plans for tangible capital assets.
- Collect, analyze and summarize account information for investment reporting purposes.
- Oversight of short-term liquidities
- Reviewing inter-company transactions to ensure accuracy
- Collaborating with third parties such as wealth managers, bankers, and other investment professionals
Keys to your success:
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position, preferably in an accounting firm.
- Accounting/business diploma/certificate or equivalent work experience.
- Established experience in accounting cycle and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Experience with payroll, data entry, GSH/HST filings and experience in accounting for investments is crucial.
- Strong technology/software skills including experience with TaxPrep, QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online (QBO) and MS Excel skills.
- Excellent client services skills and communication with an aptitude to understand the client business and maintain strong client relationships.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.