Permanent Primary Location:
Laval, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
Deloitte's Accounting Services Group offers a small-firm atmosphere with the benefits of being a part of one of Canada's largest professional services firm. Our clients' companies vary in sizes and we work with some of the largest private companies in Canada. You will be serving private clients and will have the opportunity to work in a variety of business sectors, including manufacturing, retail, real estate, professional services and others. Engagements are carried out for both individual companies as well as groups of companies.
As an accountant, you will:
- Carry out review engagements and notices to readers
- Prepare financial statements and note disclosures
- Adjust required journal entries
- Prepare corporate tax returns
- Identify technical questions, risks and potential mandates from clients, and communication these to the engagement leaders
- Propose solutions to problems encountered
- Draft recommendations
- Be proficient with computer software (TaxPrep, Caseware)
- Answer client questions
Your role as junior staff member at Deloitte:
- •Understand our purpose and values; explore opportunities for impact
- •Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador to help attract top-talent
- •Understand expectations and demonstrate personal accountability for keeping performance on-track
- •Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- •Understand how your daily work contributes to the priorities of the team, the business, and the firm
External Posting Qualifications
- A diploma in accounting and/ or experience
- Good understanding of accounting principles, basic accounting and tax compliance skills
- Practical knowledge of Word and Excel software (and accounting software, an asset)
- Strong interpersonal, professional and team communications skills
- Spoken and written languages: English and French
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply