129 rue St-Jacques O
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared ServicesPermanent position,
Monday to Friday, normal business hours
Account Manager, Small Business Special Accounts is accountable for working with distressed commercial accounts with the objective of safe-guarding the Bank's assets and maximizing collection, while providing relationship management to rehabilitate where possible. The accounts to be managed are high risk small balance business purpose accounts .Account Management-70%
- Accountable within the assigned portfolio for the successful negotiation and execution of account strategies with the objective of minimizing the Bank's exposure to loan losses and maximizing all recoveries, including respective professional fees and interest.
- Complete detailed analysis and assessment of overall financial performance of all accounts.
- Assist in the development of strategies and recommends appropriate action plans to more senior personnel where appropriate, utilizing business knowledge and experience.
- Assist in the analysis of assessment of security valuations and cash flow to determine any potential exposure or weaknesses in documentation and the development strategies to enhance the Bank's security position whenever warranted/available.
- Assist in the development and implementation of early action plans to minimize risk and the Bank's exposure; ensuring actions are both cost-effective & dynamic to evolving circumstances.
- Assist in the completion of timely and accurate reporting as required.
- Deal effectively with competing priorities and be able to sort out conflicting or ambiguous information and reach informed recommendations or decisions.
- As required, proactively monitor performance of borrower(s) v/s targets, deadlines and overall action plan initiatives, including the performance of any professionals employed.
- Initiate and support the decision making process, ensuring prompt escalation of any sensitive or substantive issues are communicated to appropriate levels of the organization.
- Monitor performance of the assigned account portfolio under his/her functional supervision within prescribed credit limits.
- Utilize his/her management expertise and credit knowledge to resolve financially challenged accounts by returning them to acceptable risk levels or alternatively developing and pursuing an exit strategy within an acceptable time frame.
- Follow existing sound business practices to improve quality, liquidity and profitability in accordance with Bank policy.
Professional Development / Expertise-5%
- Provide team support to as requested.
- Actively participate in projects as assigned, and ensure deadlines are met. Monitor and provide senior management updates as appropriate.
- Participate in ongoing personal professional development
- Keep current on financial services industry, new legislation and evolving case law as it impacts security realization/insolvency related issues, and disseminate to his/her team.
- Share expertise with others, providing coaching and advice to others within Collections Canada, SAMU Canada, as well as in the applicable banking groups, portfolio management groups and credit department.
- Develop and maintain effective, productive relationships with legal and insolvency professionals and other consultants/advisors within the business community.
- Represent Small Business Special Accounts internally as required.
- Undergraduate College/University Degree in any discipline, with at least 3-5 years practical credit, operations and insolvency experience or equivalent.
We're here to help
- Credit Risk Concepts-Advanced
- Specialized Account Management Concepts-Advanced
- Portfolio Management-Advanced
- Credit Risk Rating Systems-Advanced
- Financial Statements Accounting Theory-Basic
- Credit Risk Governance-Basis
- Risk Framework & Governance-Basic
- Basel II-Objectives and Requirements-Basic
- Operational Risk Management-Basis
- Quantitative & Qualitative Analysis Concepts & Techniques-Basic
- Internal Controls-Basic
- Bilingual (French & English)
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Customer Service and Support