Join our team
We work with the best and brightest in the industry, focused on delivering solutions that transform how businesses, people and things connect. We do this using a best in class, customer first approach that integrates solutions, processes and subject matter expertise across all of our portfolios.
We are a leader in the Canadian IoT market, leveraging our deep understanding and expertise in this space to deliver amazing outcomes for our customers, and the communities we live in. Reinforced by the strengths and diversity of our partners and acquisitions, we are on a journey to elevate our leadership in the industry by delivering powerful, integrated connectivity solutions to our customers and Canadians from coast to coast, all on the world's fastest network. Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
To help us develop new business opportunities in Quebec in targeted industries, we are looking for an experienced Regional Sales Specialist with experience selling telematics solutions into the public works sector, with winter maintenance and waste & recycling knowledge, ideal, but not exclusively. You'll work within our sales team to identify customer business challenges, introducing the appropriate FOCUS solutions with product demonstrations and technical proposals, ultimately leading to a buying decision. Here's how
• Present FOCUS solutions(s) to prospective Quebec clients, primarily in the public works, construction and specialty-transport sectors Qualifications: Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Engage clients in order to better understand their current environment and business challenges, ultimately moving into a deeper conversation about how FOCUS can help
• Prospect for potential B2B customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking and trade shows
• Qualify prospects based on our core markets and specific industries
• Work with technical staff and product specialists where required to address customer requirements.
• Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to deal close
• Conduct client product / solution presentations
• Prepare and present solution, ROI and pricing proposals
• Maintain regular communication with industry regulatory agencies and market influencers within the defined target geographies to ensure FOCUS meets required compliance status for its product offering(s)
• Collect, assess and analyze data from the client's current state, and quantify the ROI to the business by implementing FOCUS solution(s)
• Obtain market intelligence / information pertaining to client and industry requirements
• Communicate with the product development team for product updates or new product opportunities.
• Based on industry knowledge and competitor intelligence, help develop product and service strategies, features and functionality in conjunction with the product development team, positioning FOCUS as a leader in its strategic target markets
• Sustain current and accurate sales funnel records in FOCUS' CRM platform, report on sales activity on a weekly basis & provide monthly forecasts on best leads
• Develop and maintain territory plans which outline how sales targets will be met on ongoing basis
• Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
• Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects
• Identification of key competitors and the development of competitive management strategies
• Providing feedback to the FOCUS team regarding competitive intelligence on market trends, product capabilities and pricing
• Contributing to the development of RFP responses or other bid formats, as required
• College or University degree, in Engineering, or Computer Science Required Experience:
• Understand, and utilize proven sales processes, and have 10+ years' experience selling fleet telematics into the public works sector Who is TELUS?
• Readily identify, and develop a deep understanding of your customer's business challenges and associated implications
• Are a business or technical graduate with a genuine passion for collaborating with others
• Maintain a portfolio of existing clients that may be interested in FOCUS solutions
• Can demonstrate the ability to identify, qualify, and close key prospect accounts and manage multiple relationships
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills with the capacity to summarize information, and define critical milestones with key stakeholders
• Possess excellent presentation and negotiation skills
• Are comfortable with speaking in public to groups or via electronic media
• Are an empathic listener and persuasive speaker
• Master miscellaneous IT tools (CRM, video conferencing, online meetings, screen share, and webinars, cloud-based office suites and presentation application)
• Are tech savvy
• Possess a valid driver's license and passport with ability to travel within assigned territory
• Have the ability to operate with minimal supervision, and are willing to work flexible hours as required
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Sales and Marketing