Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The Financial Restructuring Group (FRG) within Business Banking is a centre of excellence for the Bank where the primary role is assisting financially troubled clients. The Account Manager (AM) manages a portfolio of customers in the FRG segment. The position works closely with the commercial services branch network, and with external professionals including legal counsel, accountants/monitors, receivers and trustees Job Description
Accountability to Shareholder:
- Assisting clients to restructure credit deals so that they remain both viable and long term customers of the Bank.
- Protect the Bank's shareholders, where necessary, by exiting relationships and/or realizing on assets in order to collect loans.
- See a reasonable return on the account based on the risk profile during the restructuring or exit period.
- Establish loan pricing/fees commensurate with the risk profile of the account.
Accountability to Credit & Operational Risk:
- Ensure products and services are sold and operate in a compliant manner minimizing the regulatory compliance and operational risk to the Bank. Complete all compliance training and attestations within required timelines.
- Ensure credit risk is properly assessed by performing independent risk analysis and by applying the policies & lending guidelines of the Bank.
- Develop creative solutions to minimize risk and, wherever possible, provide support and flexibility to the client during the restructuring period.
- Protect the Bank's assets by managing/using adequate risk monitoring systems and processes and by evaluating each account's performance as it relates to the assessment and management of credit risk.
- Monitor and control the portfolio and provide feedback to the MCC on any accounts that are outside guidelines and/or assigned limits and conditions.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with Bank and Industry Codes of Conduct.
- Understand the market and the industries within the portfolio to ensure value added service is provided to clients while mitigating risk to the Bank.
Accountability to the Customer:
- Lead all aspects of relationship management for an assigned portfolio by consistent application of all aspects of the Better Business Banker.
- Follow best practice service standards.
- Manage and develop relationships with customers at an appropriate level, balancing time spent with customer's needs and relationship profitability.
- Enhance TD brand by participating at network events in your community-be the face of the Bank.
- "Deliver the Bank" by recommending, introducing and referring appropriate TD Business Partners and Products.
Accountability to the Team:
- Embrace and promote a positive environment that supports a diverse workplace.
- Actively participate in the performance management process including performance reviews, feedback and coaching sessions as well as performance and development discussions.
- Seek knowledge both formal and informal in line with PDP objectives.
- Lead, support, mentor and provide guidance to your team and within your unit.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with various professional firms.
- Act as a reference point to others in areas of personal expertise.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Economics, Finance or other quantitative discipline MBA or CFA would be an asset.
- Customer Service .
- Effective Communication.
- Interpersonal Skills .
- Listening Skills .
- Organizational Intelligence.
- Time Management -
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
TD is committed to providing accommodations. if you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance