2018-2019 Graduate Technology Leadership Program Position locations: Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal Are you a new engineering or computer science graduate looking to start your career with one of Canada's leading technology companies? Do you want to envision and build state-of-the-art technologies including 5G networks, Software Defined Networking (SDN) and fibre optic, working alongside the best minds in the industry? Are you ready to take on the challenge? Then join TELUS' Graduate Technology Leadership Program (GTLP). This specialized technical development program focuses on technology and innovation. Through a series of rotations and projects, the GTLP exposes new graduates to a breadth of job functions to build the technical skills and abilities for the future technology needs of one of Canada's premier employers. What will you do?
Through a series of rotations, the program will expose you to a breadth of functions to build your technical skills while you deliver on the technology needs of our customers. You will complete three nine-month rotations choosing from five technology streams - that's 27 months of experiences in various roles. Positions are available in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal so you can stay in one place or experience living in different parts of Canada during the program.
Engineering graduates who choose to pursue a P.Eng. will be supported in this endeavor, gaining relevant work experience towards their designation. We provide on-the-job training and in-house courses to prepare you for complex and challenging assignments, as well as providing access to hackathons and industry experts for exposure and development in future-focused innovation.
Rotation assignments are based on strategic business needs, strengths and areas of skill development and growth.
The areas you can explore include:
• Designing and implementing our next generation wireless networks - macro, in-building, WiFi - that includes learning wireless IP Access design, wireless core network design, data analytics, software development and operations (DevOps), as well as future technologies such as Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) as it relates to wireless technology. (Stream: Mobile Broadband Network Engineering) Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS Education & Experience
• Designing and implementing our next generation wireline networks, including Optical and IP network design and deployment, software DevOps and the design and implementation of SDN and NFV using technologies such as OpenStack. (Stream: Fixed Broadband Network Engineering)
• Researching, developing and implementing some of the most pioneering digital security and privacy solutions to protect Canadians and businesses from the full spectrum of online threats. Skills developed include cybersecurity and threat assessment, software DevOps and Security Product development. (Stream: Security)
• Designing and developing the next generation of customer friendly services and solutions to maximize our network capabilities. Working in collaboration with our business teams and technology implementation teams, skills developed include product development and implementation, software DevOps and application of virtualization in creating and extending TELUS' operating and business support systems, as well as the development and deployment of advanced IP TV technologies in support of our OptikTV services, and next generation messaging and voice services. (Stream: Technology Development)
• Developing and implementing future friendly strategies in advancing our world-leading network and data centre infrastructure systems to continue to be the most power- and resource-efficient in the world. (Stream: Mission Critical Environments)
• Class of 2018/2019 or recent grads - Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or engineering specializing in telecommunications, wireless communications, internetworking, or security (Master's is considered an asset)
• Work experience is an asset
• Relevant industry experience is highly desirable
• Software development skills and experience are highly desirable Required Skills and Abilities YOU
• Are passionate about learning, new technologies, and telecommunications
• Have a deep sense of commitment towards making a difference for customers
• Demonstrate leadership in the way you approach your work, as shown through your academic, volunteer/community or extracurricular activities
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication capabilities
• Are collaborative and skilled at relationship building
• Have highly-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
• Are self-motivated and have a strong sense of personal initiative and ownership
• Are creative and innovative in your thinking
• Can see "the big picture" while also being detailed oriented
• Thrive in a high-performing, fast-paced, large and sometimes ambiguous environment
Please submit your application by November 2, 2018 at 11:59pm. Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: September 23, 2018
Closes: November 22, 2018